Drew's NCAA Basketball Top 25 Countdown

Drew22

I stole this idea from Scotty, but I'm doing basketball, not football.

First up is Butler. When I think of Butler, I think of classic, Indiana basketball. Like Hoosiers. I think they have started to get more modern, Nike jerseys since Butler has become more well known. I changed that. These are classic jerseys. Nothing crazy or unique, but simple and classic. These don't have alts, but some of my later ones will.

butler.png

Next up is #24 Arizona.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

I agree that simplicity is the way to go for Butler, and you executed well. It's hard to start of a series with a simple design like this, but this was the way to go.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

first class effort befitting the school that plays its home games in the same arena where the championship game was filmed in Hoosiers

It's a great venue. I get down there at least once a year if not more.

About the concept's positives:

-The road jersey is navy not black

-Arched "Butler" in the style it is gives it a throwback look

-Good use of the grey/silver color

-Traditional style design

The only negative I can find is the collar. It just looks weird without any grey/silver in it to me.

6fQjS3M.png

I'm back with #24 Arizona. I went with something modern to match the script I found. I think this works better than their current Nike template.

arizonafull.png

Next is #23 Texas.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

That is really nice-looking. Much better than their current SOD look. See, if Nike could just come up with some good stuff, like this then SODs wouldn't be so hated.

Also, just a little nit-pick, there are some white streaks outside of the jerseys were it should be transparent.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I think this is definately better than their current uniforms, but I think it could be improved. Right now the striping looks really strange. I think if the jersey striping was connected to the shorts, it would look much better. I'm not sure if those are Arizona's numbers or just a font you found, but they look really good with the script.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I think you did a very nice job by selecting that font. As mentioned earlier, it fits with the Arizona Wordmark quite well. The stripe, I think, is a good fit;reminds me somewhat of the Heinrich/Collison era Kansas uniforms.

Arizona has had "cutting edge" uniforms, and I think you have continued that. If only they were using these next year!

As PepMan said, the side striping does look a bit like the number seven. Whether it was intentional or not, it is a little odd looking to say the least and you might want to fix it. Otherwise I'd say the Arizona uniforms are nearly perfect.

As PepMan said, the side striping does look a bit like the number seven. Whether it was intentional or not, it is a little odd looking to say the least and you might want to fix it. Otherwise I'd say the Arizona uniforms are nearly perfect.

It looks that way on the side view, but in a real game I doubt anybody would notice it. I don't think it's intentional.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Archived