Brand-Spanking New Baseball Template

JayJaxon

I have been working on this template for a few days now, and I'm ready to get some C+C so I can improve it. As soon as I am done with the tweaks needed to perfect it, I will be releasing this to everyone on this site. Just keep in mind that it's not done yet, but at least this is something to look forward to in the near future.

I want to put a head on him...but I don't know if i should. Is the glove a good idea? Is there anything else you guys can think of that would improve the look of this?

Thanks for looking!

Template_Mark_2.png

very good start. couple things

make his ankles thinner. he has cankles now. i'd also like to see them high pitched, and not mid-length

he seems too blocky. not enough curves and little wrinkles (see bucco's football action templates)

it seems like he's exhaling or really up tight. have him slack off a little.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

I forgot to mention that when this is done, all styles of stirrups will be available. All types of jerseys including BP and vests will be available, as well as the two different styles of pinstripes.

One thing is for sure, this will be the most in-depth baseball template ever released to the public. I am doing it all on Photoshop CS3, so it will be a PSD file though.

So that's one vote for no glove. The glove will probably still be included just in case someone wants to use it. But I don't see why anyone would want to use a glove with my logo on it ;)

very good start. couple things

make his ankles thinner. he has cankles now. i'd also like to see them high pitched, and not mid-length

he seems too blocky. not enough curves and little wrinkles (see bucco's football action templates)

it seems like he's exhaling or really up tight. have him slack off a little.

Believe it or not, I already thinned the ankles out once. I'll keep working on it.

I will work on the blocky-ness of him. I am not so good at that with my laptop. But I'll keep trying.

The inspiration for this template is borrowed from a friend on DeviantArt. He uses his to display military-type uniforms. That is why he looks so uptight. I would like to think he looks like a pitcher trying to see if some speedster is trying to steal. I'll see what I can do about that.

I suck at shadows...I'm just gonna keep trying on that one...

Thanks for your input Erik.

It might sound kind of stupid, but I'd like to see a version with a head. :D

That's not stupid at all. In fact, that is one of the things I was trying to decide when I built this template. I am probably gonna go ahead and try it out to see how it looks with a head. It will take a while though because I haven't even started on a head yet.

I think a head on him would look better too, and I like the glove too, overall it's an awesome template, probably the best one around here when you are done. Nice Work!

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

The upper body looks too short compared to the legs, which seem really long.

And I'd change the background color to something more neutral. The navy socks and black shoes disappear in the background.

It has been decided that there will be a head and hat to go along with it.

It will come with a transparent backround, but I'm going to try to make it so it will look good on all backround colors.

Thanks for the comments so far and I would love to hear more. What do you guys want to see in a baseball template? I am working on all versions of pants and

stirrups as well as all of the types of jerseys.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe you could include a bat in there somewhere?

Here's a few templates that you could work with.

Something like this:

Washington%20Nationals%20Photo%20Day%20QNNrlQlz-oZl.jpg

New%20York%20Mets%20Photo%20Day%20D1FbSQhwiMbl.jpg

mauer.jpg

Just be sure to include the lower body in those pictures as well, lol. The 3rd one could be a great template to show off catcher's gear, maybe.

EDIT:

Two more ideas:

baltimore_jersey_markakis.jpg

And you know whenever a new player signs with his new team, he stands up and holds a jersey with his name and number on the back while the reporters take pictures of him? Well, maybe you could use that image in your template to show off the back of the jersey. Of course, the player holding the jersey will just be a silhouette. Do you know what I'm talking about? Something like this: brett_favre_jets_football_400a.jpg

Just... make the image more whole and make it a baseball jersey, lol.

I know this seem like a lot in one post, but I'm just so excited about this idea and I want to be able to help you out in any way I can.

Thanks!

IowaOaks.png

Any update with this?

No updates worth posting yet, but I am working on it. I have given the template to a fellow CCSLC'er to help with the shadowing and hopefully put a head on it. Plus with his superior skills, he will be able to clean it up for me in a big way. When that is all done, I will be showing off the latest version.

RoughRiders9, I appreciate your input and I will probably include a bat as an option just like I have with the glove. But for the actual database, I will leave the bat out so I can distance myself as much as possible from Marc Okkonen's template.

I know in the past, people have called for a template that includes catcher's gear, and since it has been brought up again, I see no reason why I can't include it in my set as an option. I will need to have a complete template done first before I start on extras such as catcher's gear, but I will include it in the future.

At first, I was not going to include a back. I would simply include a box where the back number could be placed. But RoughRiders9 has a very interesting idea about the silhouette holding up the jersey displaying the back. I will work on something like that after the first template is complete. I know for sure that has never been done before, but I like the idea.

Again, sorry that I have no updates as of yet, but they are coming. Remember, after I have completed it, I will be releasing it for everyone to use. So if anyone has more ideas that they would like to see included, please let me know. As I have stated before, I want this to be the best public baseball template ever done. Only your suggestions can make that a reality.

RoughRiders9, I appreciate your input and I will probably include a bat as an option just like I have with the glove. But for the actual database, I will leave the bat out so I can distance myself as much as possible from Marc Okkonen's template.

I think that's a good idea, if you do a player holding the bat, you could use a helmet instead of a hat with him, I think that would be good since there have only been one or two helmet templates I have ever seen around here. I love the idea of a catcher template too, just some input on what might make it look better. I can't wait to see the update.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

I think that's a good idea, if you do a player holding the bat, you could use a helmet instead of a hat with him, I think that would be good since there have only been one or two helmet templates I have ever seen around here. I love the idea of a catcher template too, just some input on what might make it look better. I can't wait to see the update.

I'm not saying make the template exactly the same like the example you showed with the bat. Just make similar to the pictures I posted or have the player "lean" on the bat or something.

And as for the catcher's gear, I'm not saying that you have to make one now. Just eventually later down the road. In that template file, just make a seperate group of layers with the catcher's gear, so it can be an option for us to use it or not. Same goes with the ball/bat/glove/etc...

But I'm glad that you like the ideas I posted and are willing to use them in the template!

IowaOaks.png

• 1 year later...

I know this is a bump... but I have been looking for some baseball templates... and I think this one would be great to see as a full body: baltimore_jersey_markakis.jpg

At least something close to this. It shows the entire front of he uniform, including the hat.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Archived