2011 NBA All-Star Game

Conrad.

I'm with you there - that's really the only thing I look forward to. I want to see if they'll ever be able to top what they did in New Orleans.

The New Orleans All-Star logo was a pretty good one. Has there ever been a topic on the board that ranked the All-Star logos to date?

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm with you there - that's really the only thing I look forward to. I want to see if they'll ever be able to top what they did in New Orleans.

The New Orleans All-Star logo was a pretty good one. Has there ever been a topic on the board that ranked the All-Star logos to date?

I hope there never is one. "Rankings" are the second worst threads that get started around here, because they're so subjective, and while some of the members here are capable of giving sound reasoning for why they feel that one logo is better than another, a lot of idiots just go with their hometown logos, or post reasoning like "umm.... okay." (taken nearly verbatim from a previous ranking thread.)

The only thing worse than ranking threads IMO is realignment threads. IMO, anyone who starts a realignment thread should be banished from the site, and have their internet privileges revoked for six months at the minimum. Of course, I'm just a curmudgeon with no authority, so take that for what it's worth.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I hope there never is one. "Rankings" are the second worst threads that get started around here, because they're so subjective, and while some of the members here are capable of giving sound reasoning for why they feel that one logo is better than another, a lot of idiots just go with their hometown logos, or post reasoning like "umm.... okay." (taken nearly verbatim from a previous ranking thread.)

I see your reasoning but what if you were to post a poll and then use those stats to base the rankings?

The only thing worse than ranking threads IMO is realignment threads. IMO, anyone who starts a realignment thread should be banished from the site, and have their internet privileges revoked for six months at the minimum. Of course, I'm just a curmudgeon with no authority, so take that for what it's worth.

What's a realignment thread?

The only thing worse than ranking threads IMO is realignment threads. IMO, anyone who starts a realignment thread should be banished from the site, and have their internet privileges revoked for six months at the minimum.

Stopreellinemints.jpg

6uXNWAo.png

Exactly!

So basically steering a thread off topic?

Not exactly.

Realignment threads involve the foolish poster suggesting that teams in various pro leagues should be rearranged by divisions. Or expansion. Hockey realignment threads also see the ugly specter of Nationalism frequently rear its head within the first 3 posts.

---------------------------------------

Curty....hotlinking should receive the same punishment as theft does in Sharia law. :blink:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Exactly!

I was referring to DirtyCurty's posting of one of my favorite CCSLC graphics. Rest in peace, TCR. Your contributions live on forever.

Anyway, they devolve into idiot kids just posting proposals that are based on absolutely nothing, don't take any business aspects into account, and just turn into one post of a league after another, and are impossible to be read by anyone with an IQ higher than your average bullfrog.

The biggest thing is that even ONE SINGLE POST in a topic that mentions a proposed alignment change some how seems to sound an alarm for people to rush to the thread and flood it with their brilliant ideas.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Exactly!

I was referring to DirtyCurty's posting of one of my favorite CCSLC graphics. Rest in peace, TCR. Your contributions live on forever.

Anyway, they devolve into idiot kids just posting proposals that are based on absolutely nothing, don't take any business aspects into account, and just turn into one post of a league after another, and are impossible to be read by anyone with an IQ higher than your average bullfrog.

The biggest thing is that even ONE SINGLE POST in a topic that mentions a proposed alignment change some how seems to sound an alarm for people to rush to the thread and flood it with their brilliant ideas.

Gotcha! :D Thanks for the explanation.

Archived