Interesting Canucks T-Shirt On NHL.com

Brendan

I doubt it.

But if/when they make the switch to the full Johnny, should they do a striping pattern of blue jersey->white stripe->plaid stripe->white stripe, I'll mark out.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I like the look of that. Its good for shirts, hats etc. but I dont think that logo with the plaid would look good on a jersey. However, if the Canucks go with the stink in rink full time, I hope they unveil a new alternate jersey involving the skating Johnny Canuck and some plaid in the jersey. I think it would look great and of course, it would be unique.

beLEAF

I think it's just a matter of time before the Canucks use Johnny as their main logo, just hopefully it will be the full body logo and not just the head and V.

2010-11 Season. Mark it down.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

There've been a variety of Johnny Canuck logo shirts in stores around Vancouver for months. I think they started to hit the stores around early April. There are several shirts with the full skating Johnny Canuck logo as well. Including one in a truly eye-melting shade of green.

NHL.com also has this one. Uploaded the image to Imageshack incase anyone wonders whats up with the URL:

p5942184dt.jpg

I've been looking for a site that has Johhny Canuck merchandise, but no luck. Wrote to Canucks to ask if they would sell and ship to Croatia, but no answer. Do you know any sites that I could buy Johhny Canuck merchandise that ships to Croatia, or just send me all the links you know that sell it, and I'll check if they ship to Croatia. Cheers.

Do have some insider info? or you just thinking that once the Olympics are over they'll get rid of the Vancouver on the jerseys?

I'm one of those who are under the impression that once the games are done, they'll get rid of the inuit whale and "VANCOUVER", since those are two of the marketing draws for the games. After the games are done, I think they'll also start using the retro jerseys more during the remainder of that season, clearing the way for, at the very least, a johnny retro jersey in the following season along with stickrink roads.

Of course this is all pure speculation, but it's always fun to pretend.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

First off, I love the Canucks orca logo. I rooted for Vancouver in the playoffs entirely on account of how much I like the orca logo and the current color scheme.

But that plaid-V Johnny Canuck logo is just insanely beautiful. And it's high time a North American team made plaid a uniform pattern. So if the Canucks ever do drop the orca logo, I hope it's in favor of putting the V-with-Johnny's-head logo on their chests and the full-body Johnny on their sleeves and a whole mess of plaid somewhere on the uni.

20082614447.png

If they do use a logo like that, they would need to do it differently than it is done on that shirt. On that logo, you can't tell the difference between the hat and the "V." The plaid pattern kind of extends from the "v" to the hat without any change between the two.

1. I just got back from Vancouver yesterday - the Canucks seem to have a LOT of plaid merchandise. Then again, people in Vancouver seem to wear more plaid in general than NYers or Chicagoans. Just my observation.

2. To find great Canucks stuff, try The Bay (Hudson Bay Company) on Granville St. in Vancouver. I don't have contact info, but you might be able to do a search and find it.

3. It was funny to see the posting b/c I JUST bought that same shirt. I dislike the Canucks but love the shirt. I suppose I just can't wear it outside of my condo. :)

Rob

That shirt rocks!

With the exception of the Orca logo, the Canucks have had some of the coolest looking jerseys and logos in the NHL.

But the Orca is quite unique to Vancouver, as J-pod (I believe) lives in the waters surrounding Vancouver. The aquarium in Vancouver was also the first aquarium anywhere to have a live Orca. The people of Vancouver also donate quite nicely to Orca research and preservation.

The native tribe (I beleive the Squamish) who habitated what is now Stanley Park believe that their chief is re-incarnated as an Orca.

On the whole, I think the Orca fits Vancouver nicely.

Archived