Abbotsford Heat unveils logo

Patchey13

You sir have never heard of the Toledo Storm before.

:huh:

Whoa. Never seen that before and I'm not sure I wanted to. I hereby declare the Toledo Storm to have the worst logo in the history of sports logos. If somebody cares to post one worse than that, please do.

6elec248g0248fybjjx0.gif

2006.gif

ej5wmulk8vhfog9afxat.gif

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lame name.

Lamer logo.

So they say due to their presence in Canucks territory they won't call the team the Abbotsford Flames.

So what do they do?

They have to have a flame related name that means nothing as a team name and come up with a logo that has nothing to do with Heat or Abbotsford--other than it has both words in it.

Lame.

The jerseys will look good--I like the colours, but the name & logo need work.

A lot of work.

And why couldn't they have just gone with the Atlanta Flames logo since they called the team the Abbotsford Heat?

The Atlanta Flames logo is one of my all time favorite logos.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Wow what a rip off! The A on its own makes it so obvious. I wonder if the Miami Heat can sue Abbotsford.

5097_95302729546_78293914546_1936510_6272804_n.jpg

Miami_Heat_bandana.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

First off, no the heat cannot sue for trademark infringement.

Second, I have to wonder how much of this identity was hampered by the Heat brass making the decisions. Given the custom type and the quality of execution on this unremarkable logo, I would argue that many-a-concept were shown and the decision makers killed this one.

It's been my experience that what starts out as a promising logo ends up getting dumbed and watered down by the client. In the end, it's their logo, they're paying for it, so they get what they want — oftentimes to the chagrin of the creative team.

OD_Signature.jpg

If Wisconsin can go after high schools for similar -- but not identical -- Ws, I don't see why the Miami Heat couldn't put a stop to this if they wanted to -- if they are even aware. I bring that up because it reminds me of something a school or semi-pro league team would do -- put their own twist on an established pro team's logo.

Abbotsford used the wordmark from the only other pro team with this team name as the basis of their own wordmark. Skew, scale, add serifs/slashes and you're done. People with concepts here have been blasted for less.

If Wisconsin can go after high schools for similar -- but not identical -- Ws, I don't see why the Miami Heat couldn't put a stop to this if they wanted to -- if they are even aware. I bring that up because it reminds me of something a school or semi-pro league team would do -- put their own twist on an established pro team's logo.

Abbotsford used the wordmark from the only other pro team with this team name as the basis of their own wordmark. Skew, scale, add serifs/slashes and you're done. People with concepts here have been blasted for less.

I'll find out if they know. I'm sending this to some guys I know who work for the Miami Heat. ^_^

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Archived