Abbotsford Heat unveils logo

Patchey13

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God you guys are negative haha :P

Those are actually pretty slick jerseys and the logo is alright would have been better if it had flames trailing behind it.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

It IS the Miami Heat logo, with an upward streaking puck as opposed to a fiery downward moving basketball, with the same exact wordmark for heat, amplified with a few slashes/serifs and skewing.

It really is, if you removed the slashes/serifs and skewing, it would be the Miami heat wordmark. I don't understand.

Ok...first off that name is well like the Utah Jazz and LA Lakers. When I think heat I doubt I think Abbotsford BC. The logo is a joke. Even the worst concept that has ever been on these boards is better than that.

I cannot understand why they didn't call themselves the Abbottsford Abbotts! Now that could have been a logo!

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

It IS the Miami Heat logo, with an upward streaking puck as opposed to a fiery downward moving basketball, with the same exact wordmark for heat, amplified with a few slashes/serifs and skewing.

It really is, if you removed the slashes/serifs and skewing, it would be the Miami heat wordmark. I don't understand.

Hey now....

The logo, developed by Abbotsford's Domain7, has been much anticipated by local fans. A custom-made font was created, made up of modern, angular shapes, to convey the sense of motion, speed and power which reflects the excitement of the game of hockey.

The logo also features a sense of perspective, set on a dynamic angle that begins larger on the left and narrows in focus toward the right hand side, drawing attention to the puck, which bursts through the letter A in the top right. It calls to mind a decisive goal fired into the top right of the net.

:rolleyes:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

This is the Kansas City Blades reappearing before my eyes.

1. The name Heat concerns nothing in Abbotsford. Like the KC Blades, the nickname can be applied to any team anywhere. A pet peeve.

2. Black, Silver, and Red.

3. Puck in logo.

Based on point #1, I ask this question: Which design/identity is better, the Missouri Mavericks or the Abbotsford Heat?

Mind you, the Blades actually had nice uniforms and a legitimate secondary logo.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

You sir have never heard of the Toledo Storm before.

:huh:

Whoa. Never seen that before and I'm not sure I wanted to. I hereby declare the Toledo Storm to have the worst logo in the history of sports logos. If somebody cares to post one worse than that, please do.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

And cue the Canton Ice Patrol in 3... 2...

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

By far the worst logo in the history of the AHL. Possibly pro sports.

And why bother swapping the gold with grey? Who are they fooling? It's still the Flames' uniform. It just uglier and more generic.

I don't even know what to say...

It's like it was made by a small child...

By far the worst logo in the history of the AHL. Possibly pro sports.

And why bother swapping the gold with grey? Who are they fooling? It's still the Flames' uniform. It just uglier and more generic.

I don't even know what to say...

It's like it was made by a small child...

I believe that literally is indeed the story behind it...

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived