UFC 100

Still MIGHTY

Wanted to bump as UFC 102 from the Rose Garden (Portland, OR) is on Saturday night.

Main Card:

Heavyweight bout: Randy Couture vs. AntΓ΄nio Rodrigo Nogueira (To see who is washed up. A 46 year old vs. a 33 year old)

Light Heavyweight bout: Keith Jardine vs. Thiago Silva (Jardine = the "Ken Norton" of the UFC Lt. Hwy. Division)

Middleweight bout: Nate Marquardt vs. Demian Maia

Light Heavyweight bout: Brandon Vera vs. Krzysztof Soszynski (Brandon moves down to 205)

Middleweight bout: Chris Leben vs. Jake Rosholt

Non PPV bouts includes Gabriel Gonzaga who KO'd Cro Crop in his UFC debut.

Thoughts?

The undercard is going to be decent, and Jardine & Silva should be a damn good match. I'm just happy that Couture vs. Nog isn't a championship fight, because that'd go 5 and it'd be the longest 25 minutes in the history of UFC. Good thing it'll only go 3. I don't see a KO coming in that one.

I dislike Leben. On Ultimate Fighter 1 when he was called something which I will not post here, I nearly died from lauhture. Vera going against a good 205 guy from TUF is a nice match, but the more I look at it, outside of Lesnar and Mir, who is really up to face Fedor? Plus Zuffa wanted 4-6 fights from Fedor. Why do that plus lose marketing rights like a WWE wrestler loses in terms of likeness?

The HWT division in the UFC is who (that Fedor has not beaten)? The UFC does not "rank" it is just who Dana White wants to fight the champ, or who is really healthy enough to be on a 60-90 warning to know they will star in a PPV.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The HWT division in the UFC is who (that Fedor has not beaten)? The UFC does not "rank" it is just who Dana White wants to fight the champ, or who is really healthy enough to be on a 60-90 warning to know they will star in a PPV.

I guess that's what TUF is going to try to do. I know UFC's hoping like hell that Kimbo makes it through and ends up being a success, because a Kimbo-Lesnar match would be pretty huge. Hell, with the state that the HWT division is in, Kimbo would only have to win 2, maybe 1, match to get a shot at Lesnar. Like you said, White will stick anybody he wants who's in the division to fight Lesnar at this point, since he couldn't get Fedor.

Β 

Β 

I guess that's what TUF is going to try to do. I know UFC's hoping like hell that Kimbo makes it through and ends up being a success, because a Kimbo-Lesnar match would be pretty huge. Hell, with the state that the HWT division is in, Kimbo would only have to win 2, maybe 1, match to get a shot at Lesnar. Like you said, White will stick anybody he wants who's in the division to fight Lesnar at this point, since he couldn't get Fedor.

I will keep this thread and my post open. PM me if you need a "thread". But there are not 5 roung fights on the ard, yet the UFC asks $600 for floor seats? Wow,

I heard last night that they are trying to get Anderson Silva to climb up to the Heavyweight division now too.

This bugs me big time, I feel fighters who prove their worth in one weight class and decided to go up or down a class usually do nothing more than just make weight. They loose alot, more so going up than down, but usually that is the rule of thumb.

I hope this doesn't happen. It'd be such a stupid move.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I am not sure if they will return to Portland.

Dana White contributed the less than record outing to poor planning on the part of the UFC. With Portland's unemployment rate around 12%, the ticket prices were out of the range of many in the area. "I'm pissed off that we're not the No. 1 gate in the history of this place," White said at the post fight press conference. "That bums me out because I think we could have done it had we dialed it in right... I've got this thing priced, ticket-wise, for the same price I've got L.A. priced for. [Expletive] stupid. We messed up here. I'm a little bummed out about that."

A couple of years down the road, guys like Cain Velasquez or Shane Carwin could be contenders to the UFC heavyweight belt. But yeah, right now in UFC, Lesnar's up here, and everyone else is a notch or two below.

Is it just me, or does it seem like the heavyweight division has always been the weak link in UFC?

Archived