2009 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

Mike Nolan, where were you the last 4 years with this defense......

In all serious, let's go back to Feb. 2007. Schottenheimer suddenly gets fired by SD and replaced by Norv Turner, 49ers OC. As a result, Niners offense went down the crapper, and got fired midway through 2008. If Nolan had Turner's help, then he would probably still be the coach of them today(though Mike Singletary is better). This season, he is the DC for Denver had they have been on lockdown all throughout the year. Now that's just some irony right there

Nolan was an interesting hire by the 49ers, given his dad had been a coach there, but in the end I am not sure he was quite HC material (may be at some point in the future mind!) But it must be good for McDaniels to have some HC experience to draw on as well. I think the Broncos could be amongst the best coached teams in the NFL.

With him as DC entering this year, I didn't really trust him because his prior experience was in Baltimore, where any of us could've been DC and done well. Like I said, funny how SD firing Schottenheimer has bit them in the butt and then some

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its hard to laugh when you are 0-6 and just lost 59-0

Well then you are just taking sports too seriously. Because thats just when you need to laugh!!

The folks in Houston are certainly laughing.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Its hard to laugh when you are 0-6 and just lost 59-0

Well then you are just taking sports too seriously. Because thats just when you need to laugh!!

I would laugh too if I could go 0-16 and still have the safest job in the National Football League.

6uXNWAo.png

I don't mean this as a knock on Fisher, but in the Superbowl era is there a head coach who has help a job for as long as Jeff Fisher without ever having won a Superbowl? I can't think of one.

Well he's in good company former Viking coach Bud Grant coached the Vikes to 4 Super Bowl losses and coached from 67-83. Also Marv Levy lost 4 straight Super Bowls and coached from 86-97.

But if anyone thinks Fisher is up with these guys not so fast they went 4 Super Bowl's not 1.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Precisely, Super Bowl appearances (and wins) are the only things that make you a good coach...or quarterback. Clearly, Jeff Fisher is an inferior coach to Brian Billick, and Trent Dilfer is a superior quarterback to Dan Marino. Nothing else can possibly be considered when discussing the merits of one coach compared to another. Ever. Never. Ever. Never. Ever.

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I don't mean this as a knock on Fisher, but in the Superbowl era is there a head coach who has help a job for as long as Jeff Fisher without ever having won a Superbowl? I can't think of one.

Well he's in good company former Viking coach Bud Grant coached the Vikes to 4 Super Bowl losses and coached from 67-83. Also Marv Levy lost 4 straight Super Bowls and coached from 86-97.

But if anyone thinks Fisher is up with these guys not so fast they went 4 Super Bowl's not 1.

Can't believe I forgot about Levy in particular. There is another decent guy.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Precisely, Super Bowl appearances (and wins) are the only things that make you a good coach...or quarterback. Clearly, Jeff Fisher is an inferior coach to Brian Billick, and Trent Dilfer is a superior quarterback to Dan Marino. Nothing else can possibly be considered when discussing the merits of one coach compared to another. Ever. Never. Ever. Never. Ever.

You had to go there didn't you? I mean hell...you could have mentioned Mark Rypien and I'da been fine. :D

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

That "Dilfer is superior to Marino" quote is hilarious!

Post of the day nominee.

You had to go there didn't you? I mean hell...you could have mentioned Mark Rypien and I'da been fine. :D

You mean the reason why I thought the '91 Redskins were this horrible and fluky Super Bowl champion for the longest time.

/GAAAAAAHHHH! More late-90s Rams nightmares are flowing back now!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You're right, Buc. My bad. Dilfer was a 1st round pick. Rypien was a 6th round pick (plus he's Canadian so that automatically puts him on the all-time Creamerites' list of NFL QBs) and us 'Skins fans always thought he bore a striking resemblance to the team logo.

Man, Rypien was WAY better than Marino. Ryp won a SB and was on the IR for another...that's 2 rings. Plus, Marino didn't look like that silly dolphin one damn bit!

I guess this means Ryp was better than Brett Favre as well. Two rings are better than one, right?

Archived