Uh-oh...looks like we have our first (practice jersey) logo conflict

tBBP

Read it for yourself.

The basic gist of this is that Eli, who already endorses one type of watch, has a conflict of interest between the brand he already endorses and the brand his team paid to "advertise" on their practice jerseys.

So what's a brother to do?

(Let's see who's the first to catch the joke behind that last quip.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Timex sponsors the team as a whole. Citizen sponsors Eli (individual).

Just suck it up, Eli. When you're by yourself, you can be endorse Citizen all you want.

Feels like shades of MJ and the Reebok/Dream Team problem of 1992 (or was it 1988?),

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Didn't Shaq or Kobe cover a logo (like Reebok or something) on a Laker game jersey? I'm kinda hoping the practice jersey mess becomes a fiasco and people won't think of the game jersey ads.

KISSwall09.jpg

Just suck it up, Eli. When you're by yourself, you can be endorse Citizen all you want.

Feels like shades of MJ and the Reebok/Dream Team problem of 1992 (or was it 1988?),

May not be his option to suck it up, if his endorsement deal includes a clause where he can't wear competitors products, or endorse those competitors. I'd guess that this would be common language in most endorsement deals.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

May not be his option to suck it up, if his endorsement deal includes a clause where he can't wear competitors products, or endorse those competitors. I'd guess that this would be common language in most endorsement deals.

I think his contract with the team would predate the personal endorsement contract, so if there was a conflict of interest then the team contract would win out.

Wearing team issued uniforms would be an obligation he would have with both the team and the league.

Didn't Shaq or Kobe cover a logo (like Reebok or something) on a Laker game jersey? I'm kinda hoping the practice jersey mess becomes a fiasco and people won't think of the game jersey ads.

I think that it was more of an issue with the Olympic jerseys, as several players hid the manufacturer logo in team photos.

VmWIn6B.png

Archived