chicago bears & washington redskins

BrandMooreArt

edit - scroll down for updates to both concepts

helmet - ive always loved the grey mask/white logo Bear helmets and thats where i started here. one of my design philosophy's is "if it aint broke dont fix it" and a lot of times teams do "fix it" and end up making their design less attractive. some times you have to go into a teams past to find what is "right". ive done that here and also, obviously, honored the teams history which i always try to do as well. a uniform for the Bears must read as "Bears" (apply that to any team) so i never had any intentions of modernizing this uni with pipping or lots of strokes on the numbers. these are work clothes.

jerseys - what ive used for the numbers is just the closest thing i have to their number font. id actually like to keep their numbers as is, just making them a bit bolder. ive kept the 3 sleeve stripes because its part of their identity, but eliminated the outlines/strokes from everything. what works well for them is that simple modern design is very reflective of older sports design (probally why throwbacks are so popular now.) and simplicity is the key here. the orange jersey is supposed to be more of a throwback a modern alternate but maybe it works both ways. the "c" logo is on the chest rather than the wordmark because of simplicity. on Davidson's template i didnt do a great job on the sleeves but you get the idea

pants/socks - ive moved the "GHS" from the sleeve to the hip because i just like it there better. 3 stripes again tp match the jersey. not too much else to say. i made the socks match the jerseys they are paired with. black cleats on all uniforms

24lk3kp.jpg

redskins

logos - i started this one because i think the Skins have the worst logo in the NFL. ive brought back a bit of logo history here by including the "r" in the center. i did keep that dream catcher-like look because i wanted this to be very native american as you can see throughout the uni. i kept the feathers all white just due to simplicity. i didnt want to add black there because its not used anywhere else and using red tiped feathers didnt make much sense to me either. the "redskins" wordmark is just Fatcat font which i think works perfectly, and the "wr" i hand drew and is made to look like the native american hyroglyph for "river".

helmet - i think this may actually be better with center stripes. i think the red/yellow color scheme is really unique and didnt want to change that. i see a red helmet with yellow mask and its instantly Redskins to me.

jerseys - at first i was trying to wor some "war paint" into the jersey but didnt like what i had. i do like the Bronco's stripes style though, and thought that same concept could work with feathers. i know its pretty out there, but i think sometimes if you cant be great, you have to at least be different. the sides are yellow to imitate the patches of leather that were located there on jerseys way way back.

pants/socks - i really love yellow pants like the Packers and old 'Skins teams, so theres no doubt id like to see the yellow pants being worn as the main home and away set. it would also be a throwback to the Joe Thiesman days. the stripes on the side are just a continuation of the sides of the jerseys. i put the logo on the hip because, well, i like hip logos. i like the way the belt stands out against the pants most of the time too, so a red belt is featured on all the pants to break up the color a bit. the socks are kind of a new version of the 70's uniforms. not fully there, but its still a redskins sock. got to have black cleats too.

2v865jo.jpg

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I don't know how I feel about the throwback style helmet for the Bears. Also, the numbers seem to be a little large, and look bad just solid blue on the alt uniform.

For the Skins, the uniforms are just too busy for me.

However, the Bears uniform overall looks great! And, I freaking LOVE that Redskins logo.

i think the redskins logo is too much/busy

same for the jerseys. the feathers might be one of those things that looks okay on paper but doesn't translate to real life. the design above the sleeve cuff is fine but with it and the feathers, it's too much. pick one.

i think the stripe on the pants is too wide.

i like the arrow logo for the helmet with the colors being similar to today's color's instead of the original colors of the arrow helmet.

1066.gif

this is an interesting helmet

mitchel3.JPG

you could also do a feather headdress type of helmet.

thanks for the feedback guys.

onuv, i did some concepts like that second helmet because i really like that design too. i thought of having feathers on the front like a chiefs headress like you said. it seems to me the Skins had it right with the single feather which is more of a native american warrior thing. a full headress ma be a better concept for the KC Chiefs. and the arrow helmet reminds me too much of Florida St but i will tweak some things today on the helmet and jersey. probally will remove the feathers

GRAPHIC ARTIST

I actually really like both of these. The retro feel of the bears is cool and even though it's a bit busy, I think the redskins works well. I think the logo and the feather striping are both very neat.

ph_407812.jpgNickAdenhart.pngph_458675.jpg

Man, Impact on the Bears uniforms? What are they, a lolcat? The Bears' uniforms are perfect as is.

The feather thing is novel on the Skins, but a little too busy for such an established team.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Man, Impact on the Bears uniforms? What are they, a lolcat? The Bears' uniforms are perfect as is.

The feather thing is novel on the Skins, but a little too busy for such an established team.

its not impact, the font is called Heisnswaller or something like that. but like i said, thats just the font i had that is closest to what the Bears currently use which i would like to use on this concept, except make the numbers a bit bolder. its very similar yes, but moreover i dont dislike impact by any means especially for the Bears. if anyone knows where i can get the Bears number font please let me know

GRAPHIC ARTIST

its not impact, the font is called Heisnswaller or something like that. but like i said, thats just the font i had that is closest to what the Bears currently use which i would like to use on this concept, except make the numbers a bit bolder. its very similar yes, but moreover i dont dislike impact by any means especially for the Bears. if anyone knows where i can get the Bears number font please let me know

http://eriqjaffe.50webs.com/

• 2 weeks later...

The Skins logo has too many details and just does not look right on the helmet.

Other than the blocky numbers, I like the uniforms, LOVE the return to gold pants.

At least you did not try to rename them because a few white politicians feel that it's a "racist" name. I can't stand concepts that rename them...it's a name that should stay and is in no way offensive. (I can say this, I have some Cherokee in me!)

The uniforms are one of the better concepts I've seen on here for the team...helmets, not so much. A spear with updated colors would be the best.

Honestly, the current Redskins uniforms have a timeless look that will never go out of style or look bad. In fact, they have one of the best-looking sets in the NFL as-is. If they modernize the look, it can only be a huge downgrade.

Nice try though!

I do love that Bears look. It sticks with their history while updating. That should be the goal of ANY uniform design. Good job.

87Redskins.png

Archived