chicago bears & washington redskins

BrandMooreArt

i can't believe no one caught this but its GSH not GHS, hope that helps

i have to say, i am embarrassed. i usually never make mistakes like that. ill change it right away

thanks to all for the other recent replys. i will consider them all. too busy to post updates now, but i will when i can.

PS... i have a UCF football, and Houston Texans concept that is nearly wrapped up which i will also post ASAP

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

At least you did not try to rename them because a few white politicians feel that it's a "racist" name. I can't stand concepts that rename them...it's a name that should stay and is in no way offensive. (I can say this, I have some Cherokee in me!)

Then you'd better let him out!

"Redskins" is a racist name, but we're stuck with it. It's been here too long and the brand's too strong, so even if it's wrong, you just have to go along. I like the suggestions to replace the rather artless Indian head with a potato.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

At least you did not try to rename them because a few white politicians feel that it's a "racist" name. I can't stand concepts that rename them...it's a name that should stay and is in no way offensive. (I can say this, I have some Cherokee in me!)

Then you'd better let him out!

"Redskins" is a racist name, but we're stuck with it. It's been here too long and the brand's too strong, so even if it's wrong, you just have to go along. I like the suggestions to replace the rather artless Indian head with a potato.

I don't view it as racist and the majority of actual Native Americans don't either, or simply don't care. Like I said, most of the uproar has been fabricated by white politicians and special interests groups. A lot of NAs are actually honored to have all of the "Indian"-themed teams (except maybe Cleveland's Chief Wahoo).

To change the name would be to throw away a ton of tradition and history, football-wise.

It's not a change that needs to be, or should be made, especially by court-ordered force, which has thankfully failed in each pathetic attempt.

If you're offended by it, don't buy their merchandise or root for them. Maybe I could say I am offended by teams like the Lakers and Jazz that have team names that don't reflect their local history. Heck, the Canucks and Canadiens offend me too! :)

See how easy it can get out of hand if we start trying NOT to offend EVERYONE...we're end up offending everyone in the process.

87Redskins.png

The Redskins name is pretty offensive... Chief Wahoo is stupid and cartoonish, but the word 'redskin' is a racial slur. Braves, Indians, Seminoles, Fighting Sioux, Chiefs- all those names are good in my books, but I draw the line at 'Redskins'.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

The Redskins name is pretty offensive... Chief Wahoo is stupid and cartoonish, but the word 'redskin' is a racial slur. Braves, Indians, Seminoles, Fighting Sioux, Chiefs- all those names are good in my books, but I draw the line at 'Redskins'.

It can be called "racial", but I don't think "racist" fits.

Let's continue the game...my parents were born in the south, so Yankees is offensive to me.

Ragin' Cajuns and all of the teams called the Rebels or Runnin' Rebels are mocking me.

Brewers offends recovering alcoholics.

Mets excludes rural fans.

Wizards...the Bible says to avoid witchcraft.

Browns...yeah, that's as racist sounding as the Fighting Whities!

Don't even ask about the Gamecocks.

87Redskins.png

Let's continue the game...my parents were born in the south, so Yankees is offensive to me.

Ragin' Cajuns and all of the teams called the Rebels or Runnin' Rebels are mocking me.

Yeah but none of those groups you just announced were raped by this country quite like the Native Americans. The fact that its the team of our Nation's capital is pretty bad. "Indians' would be better than "Redskins"

Hell, injuns would probably be an improvement.

The name redskins has been controversial for many years. The name largely became a derogatory term for native americans. However it was never intended that way. The name has various origins, but largely comes from the red paint the Native Americans would paint on their faces before battle. Red is the color of War.

When the team moved to Fenway park while they were the Boston Braves, they renamed the team the Redskins in recognition of their first coach William "Lone Star" Dietz who's mother was Sioux. "Lone Star" also brought many native americans to the team from his previous coaching gig which was at the Haskel Indian School.

Yeah but none of those groups you just announced were raped by this country quite like the Native Americans. The fact that its the team of our Nation's capital is pretty bad. "Indians' would be better than "Redskins"

Hell, injuns would probably be an improvement.

I do not support reparations for ANY group whose current members were NOT directly affected by past history.

I had done an extensive research paper on the topic many years ago in school...the FAR majority of Native Americans are not only unoffended by the team names (including the Redskins), those who have a position on the issue are actually more honored than offended.

Like I said, it's mainly white politicians and lawyers looking to make headlines and feel important who have fabricated this "controversy". The Redskins have won numerous court cases and the issue needs to be buried. Even recantly:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/177556-washington-redskins-win-in-court-too-keep-name

I am more offended by the lyrics and use of a certain "n" word in rap than the Redskins name, and like I said, I have actual Native American in my background.

87Redskins.png

Archived