Reno Gunslingers: UFL concept

Ben5

With the fantasy football season approaching, I have retooled my fantasy football team. Gone are the Gamblers, in are the Gunslingers. I decided to stay with an old west theme, hence the wordmark and numbers. My primary logo is my wordmark under a six shooter. Most definitely would not fly in a professional league today, but I think I can get away with it in a fantasy league. My color are a gun metal black (really just dark grey) and a deep red. Uniforms are simple; I've utilized a curved wordmark, a la the old UConn uniforms.

As of right now, I have two choices for a helmet. The first is the sixshooter as a logo, the second is the R. What do you think? Keep the gun? Use the R (and maybe put the gun on the sleeve)? C&C is appreciated greatly!

RENOJERSEY.png

I think it's a little too much of a literal interpretation of a gun to really make for an effective logo. Stylize it more, maybe integrate some team-specific marks into it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

What about using crossed pistols? I think that anytime you can use imagery instead of text, you should. Text helmet logos in football should be relegated to college teams unless an image couldn't do it justice (the NY Giants, for example).

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Archived