FLYERS NEW THROWBACK...

kutztown

That black nameplates arent bad, but the Winter Classic usually means throwback jerseys, so I dont know why the Flyers felt that they needed to pretty much add a new jersey to the mix. Its going to become their away jersey in the future, but maybe it will lose the black nameplate before it does so...

Doubt they'll drop the nameplate - Lukko and Holmgren were gushing about it the other day, and stating how all the players really seem to like it, so I'd bet that it's staying.

It sucks - it's gimmicky and contrived (at least on the white jersey.) It make it look so cheap.

The whole point of the white nameplates on the orange jersey was because they had the names made up on white nameplates for the white jersey, so when they were mandated to put them on the orange jersey for select games, they just took the ones that they had for the white jerseys and applied them. Having black nameplates and white nameplates makes absolutely no sense, because now they're saying that it was a choice born out of aesthetic preference vs. necessity.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I have no problem with the black nameplate.

The worst thing about this jersey and the Flyers regular season alternate is the neon orange. WTF is up with that?

The shade of orange does suck. Would much rather they used the pre-edge shade, or even the old 3rd-jersey shade (was a little darker or "burnt" IIRC.)

The black nameplate sucks because there's no reason, either historical or practical for it. It's purely an aesthetic choice... one I don't agree with.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Everybody relax. I dont hate gays, it was just a bad choice of words. I didnt mean to offend anyone.Move on.

And for the record, im not an 11 year old OP, I'm actually a glam-rock drag queen, blaring Bette Midler and wearing nothing but a smile and an XS pink flyers jersey.

Just joking.

It's salmon.

Everybody relax. I dont hate gays, it was just a bad choice of words. I didnt mean to offend anyone.Move on.

And for the record, im not an 11 year old OP, I'm actually a glam-rock drag queen, blaring Bette Midler and wearing nothing but a smile and an XS pink flyers jersey.

Just joking.

It's salmon.

All this time, I felt I was the only one.

So this is what it feels like... when doves cry?

i think the white nameplate is cool, cause its unique and they really did wear it...and i think its more popular in philly than people think...i was an intern down there with the sixers, and i would stay for flyers games...seemed like they sold a lot of them.

but the black nameplate has no historical backing, which is why its stupid to wear them and call them a throwback.

Archived