FLYERS NEW THROWBACK...

kutztown

sucks.

the front is ok, but i guess they figured since the white nameplate (which is original & throwback esque) was so popular, they would screw with the integrity of the white throwbacks with a black nameplate.

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/gallerylanding.htm?id=8428&navid=phi-home-dl

BAD. Between that and the Sixers half assed attempt at mixing past and present, Philly's got some dumb new looks.

Not sure that I'd call the white nameplate popular.

This new black nameplate certainly won't be... at least not amongst those of us with taste.

I'd also recommend trying to find better ways of expressing your displeasure than disparaging an entire group of people, a group that has representation on these boards.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Those throwback-inspired jerseys are just awful.

They're not gay, though, unless jerseys have developed a gender. And genitalia.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Those throwback-inspired jerseys are just awful.

They're not gay, though, unless jerseys have developed a gender. And genitalia.

Well, that wouldn't be unheard of. After all, Oregon State's jerseys did develop secondary sexual characteristics for a season.

This new black nameplate certainly won't be... at least not amongst those of us with taste.

I'd also recommend trying to find better ways of expressing your displeasure than disparaging an entire group of people, a group that has representation on these boards.

Contradict much? :ninja:

Nope.

Still waiting for that list of young goalies that the Flyers gave up on too soon.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Wait... are you comnpairing an opinion about some folks lack a taste with a bigoted slur against specific group? Really?

"Gay" is a a bigoted slur?

Given, not an appropriate use of the word in this thread, but i think the word is the accepted term for homosexuals, and is four syllables shorter...

Those jerseys would have been perfect if not for the really stupid black nameplate. I understand having the white nameplate on the orange jersey, wether or not i agree with it. This black nameplate is just nonsense.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

"Gay" is a a bigoted slur?

Given, not an appropriate use of the word in this thread, but i think the word is the accepted term for homosexuals, and is four syllables shorter...

Right, but it's all about context. He's using the word to describe something that he hates and things is bad. That implies that he has a negative outlook on anything that can be described by that term. Not being a member of said group, I'm not personally offended, I just think it shows a major lack of maturity. Of course, on a board like this, the OP could be 11-years old for all I know.

Right, but it's all about context. He's using the word to describe something that he hates and things is bad. That implies that he has a negative outlook on anything that can be described by that term. Not being a member of said group, I'm not personally offended, I just think it shows a major lack of maturity. Of course, on a board like this, the OP could be 11-years old for all I know.

True That.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Nope.

Still waiting for that list of young goalies that the Flyers gave up on too soon.

Yup.

Have fun with that porky.

Wait... are you comnpairing an opinion about some folks lack a taste with a bigoted slur against specific group? Really?

"...certainly won't be" is not a statement of opinion. It's a statement of opinion as fact. Not the same thing.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

"...certainly won't be" is not a statement of opinion. It's a statement of opinion as fact. Not the same thing.

This new black nameplate certainly won't be... at least not amongst those of us with the same tastes as me.

This new black nameplate certainly won't be... at least not amongst those of us with the same tastes as me.

Much better, isn't it.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

That black nameplates arent bad, but the Winter Classic usually means throwback jerseys, so I dont know why the Flyers felt that they needed to pretty much add a new jersey to the mix. Its going to become their away jersey in the future, but maybe it will lose the black nameplate before it does so...

andysoccer12a.png

Archived