2009-2010 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

Actually, the real answer is that I don't like you, but I figured that an answer like that would be unacceptable, so naturally I didn't say that.

Then don't read my posts. Problem solved. Goodbye.

sean, agreed, god forbid anyone has an opinion or posts on their phone without eye posting about why you shouldn't

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Un-:censored:ing-believable.

Some :censored:-head on the Penguins gives Alfredsson a definite shot to the head, and no penalty. Nothing. It was so obvious he went for the head.

They better go after Crosby and do the same thing, since there will be no call which makes it a clean hit.

Also I'm absolutely sick of the calls never coming Ottawa's way. It's getting ridiculous.

Hi, how are you?

Un-:censored:ing-believable.

Some :censored:-head on the Penguins gives Alfredsson a definite shot to the head, and no penalty. Nothing. It was so obvious he went for the head.

They better go after Crosby and do the same thing, since there will be no call which makes it a clean hit.

Also I'm absolutely sick of the calls never coming Ottawa's way. It's getting ridiculous.

It seems to be a shoulder injury as TSN is describing, I saw a replay that is a hit you never want to see and I wouldn't be surprised if Craig Adams was investigated.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Red Wings shutout at home again!

-Dan

By the Blackhawks for the second time this week!!!

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I was there. I saw it when happened and a bunch of times aftwerwards.

It was a clean hit. Alfredsson's head was lower than normal because he was reaching for the puck. It would have been near impossible for Adams not to hit him in the head, especially when he had already committed to the hit before Alfredsson put his head down. It was not "obvious he was going for the head".

Penalties were about even at 9 pens, 12 sens. Maybe they're just undisciplined?

Quit Crosbying.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

It was a clean hit. Alfredsson's head was lower than normal because he was reaching for the puck. It would have been near impossible for Adams not to hit him in the head, especially when he had already committed to the hit before Alfredsson put his head down. It was not "obvious he was going for the head".

Quit Crosbying.

I didn't say it wasn't clean, I said a shot to the head. He had plenty of time to let up. Let Crosby or Malkin get hit like that by Ovechkin and you would be writing essay-long rants about why it was a dirty hit.

There needs to be some sort of judgement in a players mind, to know when to let up if a player is in a vulnerable position. Alfredsson was turning towards him already in a tussle with Gonchar. There was no need for him to take the body that hard. He could have easily gotten the same result by a poke check.

I didn't say that the penalties Ottawa got were uncalled for. I said there were calls that Ottawa should have gotten for them, but didn't.

Not everything regarding the Penguins is directed at you Maz. God forbid someone talk bad about the Penguins without lil' Mazzy coming back yipping.

You can see in the video that the puck was ahead of Alfredsson, if Adams wanted he easily could have went for the puck instead.

Though I'll admit that I'm seeing this behind my good ol' homer goggles. So I may be seeing something completely different.

Hi, how are you?

Quit Crosbying.

I didn't say it wasn't clean, I said a shot to the head. He had plenty of time to let up. Let Crosby or Malkin get hit like that by Ovechkin and you would be writing essay-long rants about why it was a dirty hit.

There needs to be some sort of judgement in a players mind, to know when to let up if a player is in a vulnerable position. Alfredsson was turning towards him already in a tussle with Gonchar. There was no need for him to take the body that hard. He could have easily gotten the same result by a poke check.

I didn't say that the penalties Ottawa got were uncalled for. I said there were calls that Ottawa should have gotten for them, but didn't.

No, no I wouldn't. As much as you guys would love to believe otherwise, I do see things both ways. I wouldn't care if the same hit was made on someone on the pens. Would I be mad at first? Sure, who wouldn't? But it was a clean hit, and nothing could be done about it. Its just how it goes.

Its not about talking bad about the pens, its about when a star player gets hit like that and everyone is automatically up in arms like "OMG HOW DARE HE HE WENT AFTER HIM DO THE SAME TO THEIR STAR GRRRRR!!1!". Pens fans do this all the time to for nothing, and I hate it every time. You know how whenever Crosby is hit you hear half the Mellon Arena yelling? Im the other half wishing they would shut up.

I know nobody here takes what I say seriously or thinks I have any ability to see things both ways, but I do. Sorry to disappoint.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

Adams definitely wasn't looking at the puck there, but it certainly didn't look like he was trying to injure Alfredsson, either. If he was leading with anything it was the back of his shoulder. At worst that's an interference penalty. If you watch that video and conclude that Craig Adams needs to be "investigated", I don't really know what to say to you. It's a shoulder injury.

Maybe Brian Murray can call someone at the league offices (again) and complain about his team not getting more powerplays. Probably would be better to talk to his own team, though, since they negated two of their own last night by taking bad penalties.

"Purists will bitch and whine, but so what? Purists will Always bitch and whine. That is their function. Res Ipsa Loquitur."

-HST

If we're going to talk about head shots, how about Aaron Ward pushing Max Pacioretty's head into the boards from behnind. I'm not going to complain all that much since the Habs ended up scoring on the PowerPlay, and won 5-1, but it was still a nasty hit. Good thing Pacioretty was okay after it.

http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/clip249524#clip249524

1zqy8ok.gif

No, no I wouldn't. As much as you guys would love to believe otherwise, I do see things both ways. I wouldn't care if the same hit was made on someone on the pens. Would I be mad at first? Sure, who wouldn't? But it was a clean hit, and nothing could be done about it. Its just how it goes.

Its not about talking bad about the pens, its about when a star player gets hit like that and everyone is automatically up in arms like "OMG HOW DARE HE HE WENT AFTER HIM DO THE SAME TO THEIR STAR GRRRRR!!1!". Pens fans do this all the time to for nothing, and I hate it every time. You know how whenever Crosby is hit you hear half the Mellon Arena yelling? Im the other half wishing they would shut up.

I know nobody here takes what I say seriously or thinks I have any ability to see things both ways, but I do. Sorry to disappoint.

Okay, and I was just complaining about it. I know I can't change it, I got mad. What's your problem then?

Well why would that upset you if it's a clean hit, according to you?

No, no I don't. Not disappointed, I really don't care about you to be honest.

Also Wheelhouse, I already said the penalties we got were deserved, I was talking in general about the last few games how there have been clear double standards in our games.

Like how Chris Neil got a penalty, went straight to the box, and Malkin came over yapping. The refs ignore it. Mike Rupp comes and does the same thing and the less talented player gets 2 minutes for unsportsmanlike. It's absolute bull :censored:. That's why Murray SHOULD be making a call.

If you watched the games leading up to him calling the offices you'd see how terrible the officiating was, and how bad it was.

Hi, how are you?

Adams definitely wasn't looking at the puck there, but it certainly didn't look like he was trying to injure Alfredsson, either. If he was leading with anything it was the back of his shoulder. At worst that's an interference penalty. If you watch that video and conclude that Craig Adams needs to be "investigated", I don't really know what to say to you. It's a shoulder injury.

I don't think it's intent to injure, but Adams is guilty of interference at least, maybe roughing or elbowing. Not only was Adams not going after the puck, Alfredsson was already engaged with another player.

Hey if it was Crosby, Malkin or whoever else they think is a ''Star'' that got hit near the head they'd be calling for a penalty as well.

That goes for every team in the NHL. It is just the state we are in right now and until they give an automatic penalty for leading towards the head this ''HE SHOULD BE SUSPENDED TALK'' will continue.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I don't think it's intent to injure, but Adams is guilty of interference at least, maybe roughing or elbowing. Not only was Adams not going after the puck, Alfredsson was already engaged with another player.

This is what I meant to say, but was unable to in a blind fury. :P

Hi, how are you?

No, no I don't. Not disappointed, I really don't care about you to be honest.

If that's the case you sure seemed cheesed at me for explaining how it wasn't a clear shot to the head and how the right call (none) was made.

And honestly, I don't think much of you either. At least we can agree on something, I guess.

Archived