Patriots concept

New_Member

well...the logo on the helmet is placed funny. its too low and far back...mabe resize it so you can get it on a good spot of the helmet.

here is MY personal problem though. Take into consideration I am 19 and think what Oregon does is REALLY COOL.

I cannot stand old logos like Patriot Pat (or as a Fam Guy fan, I call him Pawtucket Pat) IMO the current logo is great.

Now I know others disagree...but maybe a modernized version of him could work as a sleeve logo? as a matter of fact i would favor that idea... but the helmet logo has good flow and looks great. It looks like A HELMET logo. Patriot Pat does not really go good on a helmet.

Again, that is my personal gripe.

I love the template however. maybe reverse the white and red on the pant and helmet stripes.

I love the template however. maybe reverse the white and red on the pant and helmet stripes.

I'll second that. I think the white looks awkward placed next to the silver.

For consistency, I guess you would also need to reverse the white and red on the blue jersey and pants.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I'm going to keep the old Pat Patriot logo and silver helmets because using them together was one of the main purposes of this concept... to combine the current color scheme (which is associated with success) and the old logos (which seems to be very popular with Pats fans). I also love Pat Patriot and do not like the "Flying Elvis" logo. The white helmet is something I want to avoid because white helmets are much more common now in the NFL in general and in the AFC East in particular (I love Buffalos throwbacks and can easily see them switching to the white helmets). A 4 white helmet division would be kind of weird.

I tweaked the unis as suggested, but think I prefer the first itineration. Whenever I see a white center stripe on a light colored metallic helmet, it always looks off, as if the stripe was supposed to be the same color as the helmet shell (like the 49ers helmet). I also switched the coloring on the away jerseys, but that was just to see what it would look like. The original away version could work with the 2nd set as well.

I agree that the logo was off on the first post. I moved it as suggested, and think it does look better.

2a997f26.jpg

well...the logo on the helmet is placed funny. its too low and far back...mabe resize it so you can get it on a good spot of the helmet.

here is MY personal problem though. Take into consideration I am 19 and think what Oregon does is REALLY COOL.

I cannot stand old logos like Patriot Pat (or as a Fam Guy fan, I call him Pawtucket Pat) IMO the current logo is great.

I'm with you here - Pat is simply not a viable logo option in 2009. It's too cartoony, too detailed, too "white" (I don't believe that logos should depict a specific race, unless there's an obvious reason why), too sloppy when reproduced in stitched form, too... well, old.

Not a knock on the concept - just my .02 on the logo.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Something seems to be off. If you are working from now backward it seems to be the strict adherence to the 2 color striping pattern(and single color numbers), but if you are working from Pat Patriot to the future it seems to be the addition of Silver. You cannot have 4 colors in your scheme and pull off that striping IMO. You have made it look fine in the Navy jersey combo, but the White jersey striping looks weird, and it lacks Silver(as do the pants). Having a Silver helmet makes it so you must have Silver somewhere in at least the pants or jerseys, some might say both. I would add a thin stripe outside of the outer stripe you have now and use the color you want to emphasize least. I would then outline the number in that same scheme. I would think it may look like this:

Silver|Red|White|Red|Silver on the Navy Jersey and the Navy pants --Numbers White on Red on Silver

Red|Silver|Navy|Silver|Red on the White Jersey --Numbers Navy on Silver on Red

Red|White|Navy|White|Red on the Silver Pants

Might get too busy though, who knows. Just an idea.

One thing to take into consideration, look at old photos of the Patriots, and not their current throwbacks. Their throwbacks are cheaply-made Reebok reproductions. The striping should go all the way around the sleeve, and the numbers should be outlined (unless you're going with the straight 1960 look, which in that case drop Pat on the helmet for the patriot hat with a number underneath.) That's just my input as a Patriots fan. I like where you're going but right now it seems a tad too plain, I would go back and look into the designs of a couple different eras and come to a combined design from that.

spacer.png

What I like abou thtis is that it addresses the glaring flaws of an otherwise adequate Patriots set: no more ugly Tekno Team 2000 numbers/NOBs, and no more Flying Elvis. Unfortunately, Pat Patriot is just as crappy as Flying Elvis, and the varsity block needs red trim, possibly even double red/silver, to really stand out. I might be inclined to go with a lighter silver, but that could be differences in monitor calibration? With a few changes here and there, you'd have a timeless uniform, rather than the 21st century schizoid crap they use now.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I've made some changes as suggested. I have so far avoided adding a third color to the striping elements because I think that may make it too busy. I'm keeping the modern shoulder stripes that the current Colts use. This isn't designed as a throwback and should meet the tight, short sleeve reality of the modern football jersey (I also don't think the truncated stripes look bad at all).

I prefer the top two jerseys but added the second two to explore other ways to incorporate more silver.

497c4584.jpg

Archived