Full Color Football on Showtime

darkhaha

Did anyone else see the first episode of this new 5-part Showtime series? It was flippin' amazing from every perspective, IMHO -- especially for anyone who's interested in the old unis.

If you're interested, Showtime is running a special right now in which it is available for only $7.99 a month...

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

The series sure looks great, although it was pointed out on Uni Watch that the promo image for Full Color Football: The History of the American Football League is neither in color nor is it of the AFL:

fcf-afl-poster.jpg

Weren't the Dolphins part of the AFL pre-merger? In any case I hope to see this some day. I love seeing the archival film of the old AFL games and just amazed at how incredible it must have been back then to watch

They were but that pic is from the late 70's, early 80's

Actually that pic is from the 1982 AFC Championship Game, where the Dolphins beat the Jets (the A.J. Duhe game).

Technically, the picture is part of the "history" of the AFL. It features the Dolphins and they were an old AFL team. Close enough I guess.

BB52Big.jpg

Well, part of the legacy of the AFL. Not the history. :P

Still, it seems funny to me that the promo image for Full Color Football: The History of the American Football League is neither in color nor is it of the AFL.

Sort of like the all lower-case "Capitals" in the Washington Capitals logo, or the fact that Madison Square Garden is neither a Garden, nor on Madison, nor even a square.

Still, it seems funny to me that the promo image for Full Color Football: The History of the American Football League is neither in color nor is it of the AFL.

Sort of like the all lower-case "Capitals" in the Washington Capitals logo, or the fact that Madison Square Garden is neither a Garden, nor on Madison, nor even a square.

It also seems funny to me that they wouldn't choose a pic of one of the original eight teams...

Has anyone seen the second episode, by the way? I haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

It also seems funny to me that they wouldn't choose a pic of one of the original eight teams...

Archived