Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome No Longer

BJBerthiaume

UT has a couple of long stadium names. They play football on Joe Jamail Field at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium. Their baseball team plays at University Federal Credit Union Disch-Faulk Field, while the basketball stadium plays at the Frank C. Erwin, Jr. Special Events Center. Its a good thing people use shorter names when refering to these buildings.

True, but you never hear the Joe Jamail thing on TV/radio like you do the others. As a local I would say the football stadium is referred to as "DKR" or sometimes "Memorial," baseball it's almost always "the Dish" and in basketball/concerts the Erwin Center is called just that....or "the Drum" based on the building's appearance.

This stadium nicknames thing could be a fun topic in it's own right. The new Cowboys place already has at least five.

That would be a fun topic. Speaking of Jerryworld, I'm going there tomorrow for the A&M-Arkansas game. I wonder if there will be a mid field logo for the game. My guess is just a blank field with Texas A&M in one end zone and Arkansas in the other similar to what was done for the OU-BYU game. I've been hearing rumors that A&M could be wearing throwbacks with white helmets, but its all speculation at this point.

They get around it by christening the playing sufrface one thing, the building another. "Jack Murphy Field at Qualcomm Stadium."

. . . or Chevy Chase Bank Field at Byrd Stadium.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived