Possible new falcon logo?

yh

Guess I missed it, too. I stopped going to the other board (for no reason other than I was repeating myself too often and just came here first).

I like the fact it keeps the basic look. The F is a lot more defined now... I never realized that's what the first logo was supposed to be.... just thought it was a unique way to show a Falcon as opposed to the numerous head profiles out there.

Maybe the F is too obvious now. And I'm not so sure it will hold up when it gets smaller (and is on the all-important TV). Even minor modifications might make a huge difference from far away.

The simplicity of the Falcons logo is underappreciated. I think in the case of football especially, considering its primary function is to be on a helmet, it is not necessary for it to have all colors represented.  Take the Cowboys star. It's navy and white, right? On a silver helmet it's complete. The Bears' helmet logo is an orange C outlined in white. Without the navy helmet, it's still recognizable, though. Both of these simple examples are. That's what makes a timeless logo in my opinion -- simplicity. It was probably better when the Falcons logo was on a red helmet with silver stripes on it. Heck, the helmet is probably used in place of the logo in most places that use NFL graphics.

The Falcons already have red trim around the logo displayed on their web site, and it would be easy to add the same silver outline from the new version.

The thing is I like this new logo. Just trying to make a point to play devil's advocate to some of these comments (here and in the other thread... looks like I might have to cut and paste this one...)

I'd probably vote to lose silver or red as a color if including all colors was the reason for this change. But then again I like two-color classics like navy and white, green and white and royal and white just fine. Am I a traditionalist? Maybe, but I just think there's room for everything and not everyone needs to convert to the computer-generated look. Even the Falcons wordmark tends to look like everything else. I remember the one before it was just a sans-serif FALCONS in black and red. Is it better now? Maybe, but it kind of looks more like everything else now that it's fancy as opposed to when it was a basic font you could type up on your computer, strange as it seems.

This has become much more of a rant than I intended. But I don't ever want to see a modernized 3D star in Dallas and don't feel the need for a modified C in Chicago.

It's a great update!  Not as a departure from the soon to be old logo.  Can't wait to see the new unis!

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

This has to be the new logo.  If you watched a Falcons home game the decorative banner around the stands.  Its almost in the same design as the Falcons' wings.  So this has to be official!

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

i like this.  keeps the same concept design yet looks like it's moving.  also visible on a helmet.  i hope they keep all black tho.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived