UFL Releases Team Logos

Mac the Knife

So basically there are two teams that use electric blue, black and silver, and two teams that use lime green, black and silver, but in different combinations. I would have no problem if they just used a different template and more reasonable shades of green and blue. And there's no point in white uniforms, six game schedule and all the white jerseys look the same to me. Not to mention the fact that the Locos homes are closer to white than silver.

LosAngelesLakers.pngLosAngelesDodgers.pngSanDiegoChargers.png

thanks to crkraider22

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The team names are not that bad. Much better then any XFL team names.

Really? "Huskers," "Redwoods," and "Locomotives" are better than "Outlaws," "Bolts," "Enforcers," "Demons," and even "Hitmen?"

"Sentinels" is fine. I'm kind of surprised it hasn't been used by someone in some sport already (correct me if I'm wrong). I'll agree that that the XFL's "Extreme," "Rage," and "Maniax" were crap (and so was the Maniax's color scheme).

Although I agree with the fact that the uniforms are too similar on the field, the league logo looks like PacMan( I didn't do those, I came in late to this project) I believe that I did a pretty good job under the circumstances on the logos. If everyone in this community is more talented than me then they should prove it by getting a job in a sports branding firm and kick my ass with your superior talent. The jobs are out there if you have the talent. But don't sit behind your little desks and critique and claim that you can do better... Prove it.

Easy, Patrick.

I mean, you are claiming to be Patrick McDarby, right? Patrick McDarby of Pyramyd Designs?

If so, let me ask you a few questions: Is it standard operating procedure in the world of graphic design for someone with your experience to come on-line and bemoan your clients' "lack of vision" and complain about how the "conflicting responses from" said clients negatively impacted the design process? Do you honestly believe that after you've publicly aired your grievances about this project in an on-line forum such as this one, said clients are going to bring you back to make what you deem to be "necessary changes" to the package "next year"?

Good luck with that.

If you're a print/graphic/brand designer and can't take a little honest critique of your work, you're in the wrong profession.

Well, I understand his frustration Chucky. His hard work is getting lampooned and criticised by people who aren't in "the biz" for the most part. I would think it'd be like a civilian telling me how to do my military job and then not understand why I would take offense to that.

That is much different. The people here are part of the targeted audience, and in graphic design, what the audience takes from your work is VERY important.

MegatronSig2.jpg

The team names are not that bad. Much better then any XFL team names.

Really? "Huskers," "Redwoods," and "Locomotives" are better than "Outlaws," "Bolts," "Enforcers," "Demons," and even "Hitmen?"

"Sentinels" is fine. I'm kind of surprised it hasn't been used by someone in some sport already (correct me if I'm wrong). I'll agree that that the XFL's "Extreme," "Rage," and "Maniax" were crap (and so was the Maniax's color scheme).

Unless Nebraska was given a team too, I believe its supposed to be the Florida TUSKERS :)

I wouldn't say that the names are better, but I also wouldn't say that they are worse. They are about on par for what you would expect for a league that won't last more than a year.

Archived