NBA Court Designs - 2009-10

Wasatch

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, Wasatch, good resource. It amuses me a bunch that the only team to use the league's logo as a secondary logo on the court is the Oklahoma City Thunder. "No, seriously, we do have an NBA team, look, it even says so on the floor and everything."

The Bulls have no excuse for such a messy court. The Bull only needs to be at center court, the basketball doesn't need to be there at all, and the baseline wordmarks should match the logo. Common sense.

8 out of 30 courts don't paint their baselines/sidelines. 9 of them don't have paint "in the paint." Why did anyone think either of these developments were good ideas?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Love the Bobcats court with the Secondary (my as well be primary) logo in the middle, and the Celtics court is actually inaccurate, they've shortened the name to "TD Garden"...

Other than that, they all look great with the exception of the cut off corners on the Spurs and Warriors, that looks silly, but it's probably mostly covered in reality...

Looks kind of odd to have both bobcats facing the same way. I feel like they should either be facing in or out, not both to the right. The logos are fine, but why can't they paint their court? It's not a high school gym, it's the NBA.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Blazers logo works so well as centercourt logo. i think its one of the best designs out there. And whats with the two-tone courts? What is the point? To CLEARLY point out where the three-point line is?

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I agree the lack of color in the court drives me nuts too, with an awesome secondary color like Orange, they could add alot more pop with painting the outer area and paint orange..

I've always wondered why the logos dont face the crowds on opposing sides, I understand it's for TV Coverage, but it's always something that's bugged me...

Thanks, Wasatch, good resource. It amuses me a bunch that the only team to use the league's logo as a secondary logo on the court is the Oklahoma City Thunder. "No, seriously, we do have an NBA team, look, it even says so on the floor and everything."

I know, it looks exactly like an NBA All-Star Game court from the 80's, years before they used secondary and partial logos.

In my opinion, the weakest courts are the Thunder, Raptors, Clippers, and Pacers. And it?s interesting to see that only 3 out of the 30 teams (Kings, Cavaliers, & Clippers) use wordmarks at center court. I?d really like to see Phoenix return to having this logo at center court too.

Suns_Sun.png

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Personally, I'd like to see some teams return to the painted three point area courts. Like these ...

GM%20Place%20-%20GRIZZLIES.jpg

565920479_f8f31faed9.jpg

You gotta love the wood work on that court. Busy as hell, but awesome nonetheless.

I couldn't find decent pictures of Houston, Atlanta and Charlotte's courts, you get the idea.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Here's a vector version I did of Charlotte's court a while back, I prefer the 3 point area painted as well...looks great:

ColiseumCourt.png

Along with a giant WHAT IF, if the City of Charlotte had kept the name and colors like Seattle:

CharlotteHornets1.png

Oh, and BTW, that Raptors court is a complete thing of beauty, I love the colors, wood paneling, and the "out of the box design" of the walking raptor tracks across the entire design, love it!

Oh, and BTW, that Raptors court is a complete thing of beauty, I love the colors, wood paneling, and the "out of the box design" of the walking raptor tracks across the entire design, love it!

I think if they simplified it a bit it would tons better. There are too many secondary logos and graphics on the court. But, I love that wood paneling.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Archived