Baseball Hot Stove

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Twins have gotten JJ Hardy, Jim Thome and now Orlando Hudson this offseason. That is ridiculous considering they are the Twins. Maybe they actually want to go deep into the postseason this year? Who knows. Between this and Target Field opening, I am a happy camper.

Oh, and this is going to be one stacked infield.

It's amazing they were able to pony up for Thome considering how many other teams were beating down his door. Major coup.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I looove this Orlando Hudson move. Our lineup should be fantastic next year. It should look something like this:

1. Denard Span CF

2. Orlando Hudson 2B

3. Joe Mauer C

4. Justin Morneau 1B

5. Michael Cuddyer RF

6. Jason Kubel DH

7. J.J. Hardy SS

8. Delmon Young LF

9. Nick Punto 3B

The other possible lineup is having Kubel in Left and DHing Thome. Either way the Twins have filled their major position holes. I can live with Punto's bat in the lineup because he is a whiz in the field. Delmon Young on the otherhand...

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

I looove this Orlando Hudson move. Our lineup should be fantastic next year. It should look something like this:

1. Denard Span CF

2. Orlando Hudson 2B

3. Joe Mauer C

4. Justin Morneau 1B

5. Michael Cuddyer RF

6. Jason Kubel DH

7. J.J. Hardy SS

8. Delmon Young LF

9. Nick Punto 3B

The other possible lineup is having Kubel in Left and DHing Thome. Either way the Twins have filled their major position holes. I can live with Punto's bat in the lineup because he is a whiz in the field. Delmon Young on the otherhand...

That is an awesome lineup. NOW, the Twins need some pitching. The sorry excuse for a bullpen cost them so many games last season. And the starting rotation isn't too hot either. You also have to take into consideration the fact that all the games will be outdoors in less than desirable conditions early and late in the season, which could affect the pitchers too. IIRC, Neshek is coming back. But I have a bad feeling he won't come back nearly as good and pull a Liriano on us.

The Nats are closing in on Chein-Ming Wang. He wont be able to pitch till May but still, with Jason Marquis, Wang, Lannan, Jordan Zimmermann, and possibly Strasburg, the Nats have a quality major league pitching staff. Im getting excited about baseball season already.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

The Braves have offered Johnny Damon a 1 year deal. Scott Boras is looking for 2 years. He may not have a choice.

Well, it may not be Atlanta after all. The Tigers have offered Damon a two-year deal worth $14 mil. The White Sox are also rumored to be very interested.

6uXNWAo.png

I kinda don't want Damon to come to Atlanta. So this will work out if he decides to go to Detroit or somewhere. I'm disappointed that Frank Wren never landed the big bat he promised. But now I'm just ready for Spring Training to start.

Β 
Β 

Espn is reporting that the White Sox are in on the Damon race as well, no numbers yet.

Also, Tom Glavine has official retired, will join the Braves front office:

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/story/12915291/glavine-rejoins-braves-as-assistant-to-team-prez-schuerholz

Also, truck day for the Sox! Rays of sunshine start to shine through all that snow in Boston, spring training is right around the corner...

Now Tom Glavine and Greg Maddux are eligible to go to the Hall of Fame on the same day. I'm gonna book my ticket to Cooperstown that day for sure! ;)

EDIT: Frank Thomas just joined Maddux and Glavine on the 2014 Ballot. That is gonna be a crazy HOF year!

Β 
Β 

Can't in good conscience wave a virtually lifelong designated hitter into the Hall of Fame, but that's because I was born in the '80s with a soul from the '20s.

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

Archived