Montreal Junior

chickenfish13

OK, before I start I know this is like my third concept thread, but I haven't been getting any c and c, and I will let you guys know I'm still working on the CHL, and the Bradenton Pirates. But, when I'm bored, my mind wanders, I find a team to do a concept for, and from there I can't really stop. So, here is my concept for the Montreal Junior, of the QMJHL.

I don't know much about them, but there current identity is pretty boring. Not bad, but boring. So I wanted to try and bring some, I don't know, flavour to it. I used a new color scheme, 2 shades of red, and a gold. There are 2 options for the primary, as the 3 fleur-de-lis logo looks kinda odd, but I like it because it's different. The supporting marks are nothing special, just simple, and hopefully recognizable.

So, let me here it, good or bad-even ugly.

montrealjuniorpriopt.png

montrealjuniorsupp.png

the 3 fleur de lis logo looks like a crown, in an odd way i like it. i'd like to see jerseys for it. good job.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I like it.

For the record the current Montréal Junior identity is based off of that of the old Montréal Maroons. Which actually doesn't make a lot of sense. The Montréal Junior team, like the Montréal Canadiens, is presented as a team representing French Canada. The old Maroons, on the other hand, represented Montréal's English population. So a less Maroon-like/more French Canadian-centric identity works for this team, I think.

I like it.

For the record the current Montréal Junior identity is based off of that of the old Montréal Maroons. Which actually doesn't make a lot of sense. The Montréal Junior team, like the Montréal Canadiens, is presented as a team representing French Canada. The old Maroons, on the other hand, represented Montréal's English population. So a less Maroon-like/more French Canadian-centric identity works for this team, I think.

I've always found that weird myself,as far as I understood Junior is actually just a short form for Junior Maroons. With that logic a big white M on a maroon jersey would be perfect.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

OK, I'm still undecided, but here is my start on the jerseys, as well as another supporting mark. I tried to stay close to what they have with the jerseys, as they aren't that bad. Let me hear it.

montrealjuniorjerseys.png

montrealjuniorsupp3.png

Oh, and thanks to Eray for the color scheme, I got it from an Icehl submission of his, sorry I didn't give him credit sooner.

As Chuck said, the fleur-de-lis is incomplete; but there are a couple of ways you might be able to make it fit your concept.

You might be able to create a stylized "M" in your fleur-de-lis by adding the missing lower point.

In the logo with the wordmark, you may be able to use the "T" from Montreal in place of the lower point of the fleur-de-lis, by re-positioning the fleur-de-lis over the current text, or by re-aligning the text to get the "T" more centered. It will ikely throw off the centering either way though, so that probably isn't an ideal solution.

I actually kinda left out the bottom on purpose, wanted to do something a bit abstract, but I can revisit it I guess. I actually referenced a couple pics that didn't have the bottom part.

Philroy, good idea with the T and the text, but it would throw it off. I might try making the bottom into an M, that would be a nice touch.

Thanks for the c and c guys, I'll update it tomorrow, and keep the feedback coming.

Archived