Kane County Cougars

chickenfish13

Ok, I just saw this, and I don't entirely get it. The Kane County Cougars have really nice secondary and cap logos, but there primary pretty much sucks. I think that the cap cougar head is miles better than the primary. I know most of you don't care, but I thought i'd point it out. Sorry if this has been brought up before, couldn't find anything on it:

http://sportslogos.net/images/logos/44/2596/full/vve2lebpmlpureoe2jzz0krwh.gif

http://sportslogos.net/images/logos/44/2596/full/vufc9109kankwax0oaatp7hf1.gif

http://sportslogos.net/images/logos/44/2596/full/qtk80rg72u1zp5w5go78hhmpq.gif

For the record, the "better" cougar head used to only appear on their BP cap, though it looks like it recently got a bump up to alt status. The primary logo, which they've had since their inception, remains on the game caps. Why, I have no earthly idea.

If you look on the team's website, you'll also see a version of the primary logo which implements the cougar head, and gets used practically nowhere.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

To its credit, when it came out, it was a nice change from the cutesy/silly/decidedly minor league logos that were taking the country by storm like a young Jim Nabors.

Now, though, it's more dated than all of them put together.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I once talked to the GM about the logo about 12 years ago. He said that he was shown some designs, but sketched out an angular cat in a circle and said "How about something like that?" The client has to do the work he wants to see, so the rest is history. Sad, pathetic history.

Not sure if the GM is the same, but they persist on using that crappy cat.

The logo that has always been their primary needs to go. It looks like a logo from the late 70s/early 80s, but it was made in 1991. I think the only reason they haven't switched to the new cougar which is on the BP hats (and I guess alternates too) is because they have had it for so long, something that is very rare for a minor league team.

The worst part about the hat is how out of place it looks with the current uniforms. The new script they have been using for a while looks so out of place with the old hat. It would fit it in much better with the newer cougar logo o nthe hat.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

The logo that has always been their primary needs to go. It looks like a logo from the late 70s/early 80s, but it was made in 1991. I think the only reason they haven't switched to the new cougar which is on the BP hats (and I guess alternates too) is because they have had it for so long, something that is very rare for a minor league team.

The worst part about the hat is how out of place it looks with the current uniforms. The new script they have been using for a while looks so out of place with the old hat. It would fit it in much better with the newer cougar logo o nthe hat.

edit: nm

The Kane County Cougars logo had always touched me. I reminds me of a coloring book with some pages colored in but some not. You have experience who was when the yet phone to yell do what my

I think the admiral has a new sig.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived