Alabama Predators & GDFL ?

MikePho3niX

Man, all those logos are awful.

Yours however, is pretty sweet. He looks a bit chubby to me, but I'm not sure what's throwing it off for me. Good job though, the only thing I'd say is maybe a different color scheme, as although black, orange, and white is a tiger, but I think it be more unique if you used something different, seeing as it's the Predators, not Tigers

All in all though, great job!

Good start, i'd improve it by eliminating the unneccessary outlines around the crest, like the lower chin and cheeks, while keeping the top right one, and the definition of the lower mouth. I'd also try and work on the whiskers as well, but other than that, it's solid!

not a bad start. eyes are too high and close together, the crest shape has all those little bobbles from the face sticking out, and it feels slightly like the eyes and top of the head are 3/4 while the bottom half is nearly front on.

Guess all the Real life Drawing class i missed in high school would have helped me on this. I look at some of the logos you got Davidson and i see all the simple lines and it looks so easy. But i just have no concept of body posture or field of view. This is the times i wish i could go back to and pay attention. LOL I envy you that you can do what you do FD. Anyhow taking another Stab at it with the tweaks you guys have suggested. here is the update.

AlabamaPredators.jpg

I feel my Biggest issue and problem is eyes. My girlfriend always tells me the eyes are throwing her off. id like to make it look Meaner.

MikePho3niX.png

It's not necessarily the eyes; I think it's the mouth. It's a major depth perception to me. The rest of the head looks round and 3d but the mouth looks flat. Curve the teeth and mouth a bit more and it'll be decent

I wouldn't change the shape of the mouth or teeth, I'd move the position of them. If Mike were to take all the white areas in the nose and mouth and move them to the right until the point at the top of the cheek on the left lines up pretty much with the bottom corner of the eye on the left that should fix the problem (that may be a little much by try it then work back if needs be). He'll then have to adjust all the orange that makes up the nose and other parts of the face but at least the relationship between the eyes and nose should be more accurate. Then and only then would I look at whether or not the shape of the teeth need to change, and I'll be honest I dont think they'll need to change much if at all.

Good looking logo I look forward to seeing it progress and it's miles better than some of the others that have been adopted!

9ersteve

9ersstevesig.png

It's not necessarily the eyes; I think it's the mouth. It's a major depth perception to me. The rest of the head looks round and 3d but the mouth looks flat. Curve the teeth and mouth a bit more and it'll be decent

I wouldn't change the shape of the mouth or teeth, I'd move the position of them. If Mike were to take all the white areas in the nose and mouth and move them to the right until the point at the top of the cheek on the left lines up pretty much with the bottom corner of the eye on the left that should fix the problem (that may be a little much by try it then work back if needs be). He'll then have to adjust all the orange that makes up the nose and other parts of the face but at least the relationship between the eyes and nose should be more accurate. Then and only then would I look at whether or not the shape of the teeth need to change, and I'll be honest I dont think they'll need to change much if at all.

Good looking logo I look forward to seeing it progress and it's miles better than some of the others that have been adopted!

9ersteve

Looking at what you said. I made the changes and added some of my own. Hopes this looks much better. I still don't like my eyes How would you guys suggest i make it look fierce?

AlabamaPredators-1.jpg

MikePho3niX.png

9ersteve

Looking at what you said. I made the changes and added some of my own. Hopes this looks much better. I still don't like my eyes How would you guys suggest i make it look fierce?

AlabamaPredators-1.jpg

Thats better but it could maybe do with moving a little more. Here's kinda where I thought things should line up based on your second version.

Picture5.png

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Archived