My future tattoo

bigcoyotes

As a former tattooist, I'd suggest that you discuss your design with your tattooist. If you trust him to tattoo permanent artwork on your body, you should trust him with coming up with a good, original design. The designs here seem very computer generated and not very personal. That's just my opinion. Have you found a tattooist yet? Have you seen what he suggests? Body placement also plays an important part. If you got a smaller tattoo on your arm and chose one of the earlier designs in this post, he would have immediately had to change the floral leaves or take them out. Tight fine-line work on a smaller scale is death to deal with. Always a good chance that the lines will "blow out", become thicker over time or look too jagged. If you have tattoo specific questions, feel free to send me a PM. I'd be happy to help you out.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure what kind of feathers you've seen, unless you don't wear a tie or have never seen a tie pin, that's definitely a tie and it's very clever and actually would make a pretty awesome tattoo. As usual, Davidson doing what he does best.

Actually, I've worn a suit and tie (or at least shirt and tie) nearly every business day for the past ten years, so yeah - I know what a tie looks like (though I've never worn a tie pin, I think they're kind of tacky.)

It's tough at first glance for me to recognize it as a tie, probably just because I'm used to seeing drawings of ties that include stripes or some kind of pattern. I can certainly see that it's a tie, it just wasn't my very first thought. I think that it follows the basic shape of a feather, though of course, feathers have... well, not sure what the word is, but stuff on the sides. If it had little white notches going up it then it would def look like a feather.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Well, I'm not sure how old you are, nor am i sure if you have any tattoos yet, but coming STRICTLY from a tattoo stand point, there are a few things you have to think about:

1.)Location on your body - are you going to have enough room to do an intricate design?

2.)Life style - if your life style has you in the sun a lot, where the tattoo will be exposed to sun or scratching, the tattoo will fade over the years more rapidly than normally.

3.)Because of aging, your skin will sag, causing the finer details of the tattoo to become blurred and lose the integrity of the design.

3.) Last, from experience, memorial tattoos are best kept in 1 of 2 ways. Either a very, very simple symbol that represents that person. in this case, just the neck tie. the other is something small with just initials and the date, or a name and the year.

I know it may not be exactly what you want, but it something to think about, coming from someone with experience and knowledge of tattoos.

My FINAL piece of advice... and i am dead serious about this. Once you get a design that you are certain on... have the artist make about 6-10 copies of the same design. Hang a copy of the design everywhere you visit frequently... at work, in your desk, on your bathroom mirror, night stand, on the fridge, everywhere you go frequently. Then wait for about... 3 months. I usually say 2-4 months because if you are still happy with seeing that design 12 times per day, every day for 3 months, then i think you would be ready to have it on your body.

I have followed that method for all of my tattoos. Just like you, all of my tattoos are memorial ones, so you will always be somewhat happy with them... but to sound cliche for a moment... they are forever, and you have to deal with them even after your 6 pack turned into a keg.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Archived