Mobile BayBears 2010

Brandiose

We just dropped the Mobile BayBears new home cap over at The Clink Room. We also posted "behind the scenes" sketches from the project.

8_medium.png

The embroidery incorporates a design concept that we developed while spending a day with New Era’s digitizers in Buffalo. Our goal was make the bear appear to be emerging from the darkness. We started by embroidering the majority of his head in the same color thread as the cap color. Then we broke the large navy area into smaller fur fields, giving the head dimension. Now when the glossy navy thread catches the light, it gives this simple logo a furry 3D look. One we’d never seen before.

Enjoy!

Creamer_Signature.png

Looks great. I'm interested to see how charcoal thread on black would look...maybe the next entry after the SSL? Is it too late to tweak my Bombers entry?

I really like the sketch of the crest with the wrought iron touches. Always look forward to your behind the scenes posts.

One question - in the official file (at least, in the official file I have), the cap color is actually a different shade of Navy than the logos. Is that correct? This Dark Navy is not listed as an official color in the sheet, but it does allow you to see the dark-vs.-not-quite-as-dark Navy in the logos:

MobileBayBears_CPL_2010-9999.png

One question - in the official file (at least, in the official file I have), the cap color is actually a different shade of Navy than the logos. Is that correct? This Dark Navy is not listed as an official color in the sheet, but it does allow you to see the dark-vs.-not-quite-as-dark Navy in the logos:

MobileBayBears_CPL_2010-9999.png

Hey Donovan,

Great question. The cap color and thread color are exactly the same (PMS 289). The variance you're experiencing is due to how MLB sets up their slicks.

Jason

Creamer_Signature.png

Hey Donovan,

Great question. The cap color and thread color are exactly the same (PMS 289). The variance you're experiencing is due to how MLB sets up their slicks.

Jason

Interesting. But, those files use C:100 M:44 Y:00 K:76 which is an old process simulation of PMS 5395 C...maybe they just wanted to show a subtle difference...

We just dropped the Mobile BayBears new home cap over at The Clink Room. We also posted "behind the scenes" sketches from the project.

That is the best new MiLB cap of 2010. Great work.

A question: Does the BayBears new road jersey have the same swinging-bear patch on the sleeve as the home jersey?

20082614447.png

Another fantastic logo. Your identities are most of my favorite team looks

Has anyone else noticed the Clink Room website is down?

Thats odd, I was on the website for a long time last night and it was working fine.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Archived