BC Lions

fishheatcats

Well after my recent Supersonics effort I decided to stay in the Pacific Northwest and do a BC Lions concept(basically after looking through logos and leagues for awhile and deciding on a team to do). Anyway their current and longtime logo is in dire need of an upgrade IMO. Simple and classic is one thing, but well, the Lions just doesn't look good if you ask me. I have a very limited knowledge of the CFL so I don't know how blasphemous that last statement may or may not have been lol.

Anyway, I feel stupid saying this, but my original intent was to change from what I thought to be a female lion(and an odd choice of mascot for a mens team) to a male one. Obviously I forgot about mountain lions. D'oh! When I see "Lions" on it's own I think the big African variety with a mane. I think panther, cougar or puma before I think to say mountain lion. I guess it's a regional thing.

Anyway for the primary it's my take on the original, with much more detail and as explained above, it is now a regular lion as opposed to the mountain variety. I gave it just a touch of perspective rather than pure profile of the head. Also I did a new paw logo, as well as a fairly simple wordmark(including a version based off the BC Place logo).

For the uniforms I decided to tweak what they wear now, nothing major. C&C appreciated!

bclions.gif

Other then the mountain lion issue, which you already pointed out, I love these jerseys. They are extreamly sharp and are an improvement from their current set.

A couple things I think you should change up:

- On the helmet i think it would look better to see them with just the lions head and not the BC underneath it.

- Lion fans love orange, you incorporated it perfectly in the home jersey, however I think you should put some more orange in the away jersey.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Very nice. My only concern is with the Lion head logo with the BC monogram on the helmet. It seems that it wouldn't translate well to the opposite side of the helmet, with either the lion looking backwards or the letters having to be moved, therefore creating two logos, not one logo with a mirror image.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

• 1 month later...

Man, I'm glad someone bumped this because I missed it the first time. This is really nice! For the primary, I feel the mane is rendered a bit too simplistically. By clumping bunches of hair together it honestly looks a bit tentacle-like. Also, I think that it might be best to eliminate the two-tone orange, especially because you don't appear to use any dark orange on the jerseys. I think if you used black for shading and made some of the outlines heavier in certain places it would look a bit more dynamic.

The jerseys look really nice, but for some reason black numbers on an orange jersey kind of bug me, especially with white pants and helmet, because it upsets the balance of the uniform.

But this is a great looking set! Sorry I missed it the first time!

Archived