Bowld's NHL redux

bowld

Vancouver: Honestly, this isn't much of a concept. It's just a retread of something they've already worn.

San Jose: Not bad, I like the return to silver. I still think it's a mistake they swapped orange into their scheme. However, I don't see this as an improvemant over what they currently have. The flashy silver, to me, only works for a team with a name like "Kings". I think you should chose either grey or orange, and not use both. I'd also like to see some white on the home sweater.

Calgary: Eh, a little plain. I know you were going for the retro feel by bringing back a classic look and retooling it. I think the modern number font clashes with the overall retro feel of the concept. The 3rd jersey could use a bit more work too. The hem stripes don't belong with the stripe you have going down each arm. It look's a bit tacky. I'd try to incorporate those hem stripes onto the sleeves.

Columbus: While I originally loved the bug logo, even using it in my first few Blue Jackets concepts, it's definitely fallen by the wayside for me. I much prefer their current color scheme and logo to this.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i appreciate all the comments so far. i know the canucks is basically the same thing they wore in the 90s but that was my point. this redesign is what i would want all the teams to wear if i had the choice. those were my fav jerseys so thats why they were chosen.

here is anaheim

DUCKS-1.png

i appreciate all the comments so far. i know the canucks is basically the same thing they wore in the 90s but that was my point. this redesign is what i would want all the teams to wear if i had the choice. those were my fav jerseys so thats why they were chosen.

It's not really a redesign if it's just duplicating the 95-96 uniform set is it? Though I guess you did change the sleeves on the red alt by omitting the gradient stripe that was on one of the sleeves. I think there's potential to do something different with the old colour scheme if you wanted to.

For the Sens concept the striping on the home and aways looks messed up. The front of the jersey has the two stripes across the chest and none near the hem. On the back you have the two stripes near the hem and none continuing from the chest. Not sure if that was intentional but I think you should fix that.

The florida jerseys look too plain in my opinion. I really like the main logo but not necessarily on all three. Maybe if you went with an old school style lace up jersey using that crest it'll work. I'd like to see you use just the panther face without the circle or even the full body panther on two of the three.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

here is LA. I love the old black and silver jerseys so i decided to bring them back with the even older crown logo and i think it tured out pretty nice. I was just going to make the purple 3rd but decided to make a white one as well and made it look just like the lakers white alternate.

kings.png

Again, I don't know much hockey but excuse me for this: but is a team named the Devils best suited with green and red, Christmas colors?

They're named after the "jersey devil", who haunts the pine barrens, hence the pine green. It was also their original colors from '82(?) until the mid '90s.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

here is anaheim

DUCKS-1.png

So given your redesign, why do the Ducks have to endure the lameness of chest numbers?

here is anaheim

DUCKS-1.png

So given your redesign, why do the Ducks have to endure the lameness of chest numbers?

jersey looked to plain without it

Archived