My First Concept (NFL Redesign, New Logos And Unis For All 32)

Woodsman

PLEASE READ

So I am very new to this site and so far i love it. The only bad thing i can say is that when people post a new concept not every one reads there intro wich i feel is very important, also a lot of people seem to get really mad when someone goes out on a limb and totally redoes a "classic" team like the yakees or the packers. I personaly like to see that becase thats what a CONCEPT is.

Anyways, with this redesign being my first i thought i would try something a little different and TOTALY change every teams logo and uniform, which i know is going to make some people mad that i changed the steelers and cowboys and the other "classic" teams and thats ok. I just feel that with it being a concept not changing some teams and changings others takes some of the fun out of it.

Also i would like to add that all of this was done on paint ms. I dont really know how to use and dont have a better program than that. Also i did not make most of these logos most were just found online so i am not takeing credit for any of that.

So here we go...

Up first we have my home town Detroit Lions. I really felt that it was time for the lions to do a total redo. The lions uni's have now become the image for losing and when tampa bay did a total redo the went to the super bowl so here it is.

welcome aboard dude. this site is like the next best thing to facebook for me haha im sure it is for many others too. im looking forward to these concepts. as for your first, i know you say being 'out there' is the point of conecpts and this one isn't all that 'out there' but still doesn't work for me. too much black for the lions which they dont need.i'd like to see that logo on the helmet up close if thats a possibility. decent work for a first try, i just dont like it though in my oppinion.

lrg_6444e0b331f54e979d389637de158186.jpg

Thanx for the welcome man, i am loving this site i have been on almost everyday since i found it.

as for the lions unis this was the first one that i did so i was still getting used it. i am not a big fan of teams that dont have black going black but i just thought that it kind of eliminates that loser feel that they have. i will post the logo on a close up soon, every other team has a logo sheet.

check back it gets better.

Minnesota Vikings

with the vikings i got rid of the weird striping pattern that they have now and tried to make a unified striping pattern. The new viking head logo i did not make but the sheild secondary logo i did make. enjoy C&C would be great

LOGO:Minnesota-Vikings-Logo.jpg?v0

HOME:Minnesota-Vikings-Home1.jpg?v0

AWAY:Minnesota-Vikings-Away.jpg?v0

Thanks for that i have been trying to figure that out.

I know the quality is not great, like i said im just getting into this so i am going to try and learn how to use photoshop but from my understanding its quite a lot to learn.

is there any input on changes i should make to the unis so far?

GREEN BAY PACKERS

Let me start by saying that i hompe that Green Bay never ever changes there uniforms but my goal for this was to change eveyone so.... I got rid of the yellow helmets and pants, but i did keep the classic "G" logo as a secondary logo (i will do that with some of the other teams on here aswell) hope you guys like it..... C&C would be great.

LOGO: Green-Bay-Packers-Logo.jpg?v0

HOME: Green-Bay-Packers-Home.jpg?v0

AWAY: Green-Bay-Packers-Away.jpg?v0

the links go in between the %7Boption%7D and [img/] tabs

the links he's posting arent even direct jpeg links, so they wont work anyway.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Thanks guys... idk i guess i will just have to keep trying haha... ill get it one day :D

If you uploaded your pics to a site like Photobucket or Picturepush where they give you a direct link, you could use the %7Boption%7D tags. Picturepush is great if your pics are high-res/over a certain size, compared to other sites that have size restrictions.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

it is a website like that its just called shutterfly or something, i will try it with the url that i have for the next team, if that doesnt work i will get on photobucket. Thanx for all your help, i really apprecate it man.

Its great that you are doing you are starting doing concepts and stuff, but i wouldnt recommend taking logos from istockphoto.com http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-illustration-10178025-viking-warrior-iii.php

id say use your own original logos or use the currents

I agree. It's okay if the logo doesn't turn out right, that's what c & c is for.

Its great that you are doing you are starting doing concepts and stuff, but i wouldnt recommend taking logos from istockphoto.com http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-illustration-10178025-viking-warrior-iii.php

id say use your own original logos or use the currents

I agree. It's okay if the logo doesn't turn out right, that's what c & c is for.

I guess you guys are right. I am not trying to take credit for these or any thing, and i am working on trying to make my own new logos. I guess i am just trying to get a feel for this, and i wanted to try and do a total overhaul of all the teams... maybe i took on too big of a project for my first time haha, but i am still going to post the rest of the teams that i did and i will work on making my next effort better. I really do appreciate all of the input you guys have been giving me and that you guys arent ripping me apart on my first atempt. Please continue to help in any way possible and hopefuly i will get better at this as i keep trying.

GD, I can't really help you with technicals on the site or on any of the programs used to create these concepts as I have no artistic talent whatsoever. So with that being said I will limit my c&c to your concepts.

First off, let me say thank you for going out on a limb. There seems to be a lot of hesitation in changing the iconic, i.e Cowboys, Raiders, etc. I think that takes the fun out of it.

RE: Packers. I appreciate changing the helmet logo, but imho if you do change from the iconic G, you have to do something more unique than just a GB. Changing it in the way you did is change just for the sake of it, and I don't get the impression that is what you are working towards. Personally I have always liked the idea of the yellow home pants but green on the road.

Vikings: really like the shield logo, seems like you have the ability to create some new logos and would encourage you to do more original stuff on the primary logos. Not a fan of the primary, mostly because it looks like stock footage if you will. Also not a fan of the white helmets as it seems that is the trend now with the Jets and Chargers going back to white.

Detroit: Not a fan of the black, really dull imo, if you are going to change up the colors maybe go a different direction. Can't comment on the logo as I can't really see it, but in the current format I would say it doesn't work as even knowing it's suppose to be a lion I still don't see it.

Keep working at it!

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

GD, I can't really help you with technicals on the site or on any of the programs used to create these concepts as I have no artistic talent whatsoever. So with that being said I will limit my c&c to your concepts.

First off, let me say thank you for going out on a limb. There seems to be a lot of hesitation in changing the iconic, i.e Cowboys, Raiders, etc. I think that takes the fun out of it.

RE: Packers. I appreciate changing the helmet logo, but imho if you do change from the iconic G, you have to do something more unique than just a GB. Changing it in the way you did is change just for the sake of it, and I don't get the impression that is what you are working towards. Personally I have always liked the idea of the yellow home pants but green on the road.

Vikings: really like the shield logo, seems like you have the ability to create some new logos and would encourage you to do more original stuff on the primary logos. Not a fan of the primary, mostly because it looks like stock footage if you will. Also not a fan of the white helmets as it seems that is the trend now with the Jets and Chargers going back to white.

Detroit: Not a fan of the black, really dull imo, if you are going to change up the colors maybe go a different direction. Can't comment on the logo as I can't really see it, but in the current format I would say it doesn't work as even knowing it's suppose to be a lion I still don't see it.

Keep working at it!

Thank you so much for the comments on the unis!!!

The packers are really hard to come up with a different logo that is not just a "G" or "GB" but will put some more thought into it.

As for the Vikings i really like the horns on the helmet that they have on the helmet now and with out making my own (which i am working on) it was very difficult to find a better logo for them. Basicaly i just tried to find an updated version of the viking head that they have now. As far as the white helmets go, I personaly am a fan of white helmets but i see what you mean with the other teams going to white, however in my redesign i do not have a white helmet for the jets or chargers or for some of the other teams that have ones now so i felt it was ok for this one to be white.

The lions i kinda like in black thought it toughend them up, but have got nothing but neg feedback on it (and not just from people on this site haha) so i am going back to the drawing bored with them should not take to long.

Please continue to check back your input was very helpful!! Thank you

Archived