2012 super bowl

BrandMooreArt

looks like we've seen the end of the unique super bowl logos, but i was inspired to do one for the Indy 2012 super bowl. im not sure about the color pallete. the blue and red was taken from the Indianapolis flag, and the blue and yellow from the Indiana state flag. maybe i should go in another direction?

the containing shape is supposed to represent Indianapolis Motor Speedway and theres some inspiration there from the '09 Conference Champions logo. i wanted a skewed sans-serif font for the XLVI to represent Indy speedway again. something that looked fast.

33ypdua.png

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

all points duly noted

how about an illustrated Soldiers and Sailors monument in place of the "I"? its a big part of Indy's "identity"

http://indianapolis-indiana.funcityfinder.com/files/2009/02/soldiers-and-sailors-monument-indianapolis-indiana.jpg

i also agree strongly about it not being "football enough". im not real sure what to do about that. i dont want to add a football to it (thats the easy way out) but ill consider it

GRAPHIC ARTIST

all points duly noted

how about an illustrated Soldiers and Sailors monument in place of the "I"? its a big part of Indy's "identity"

http://indianapolis-indiana.funcityfinder.com/files/2009/02/soldiers-and-sailors-monument-indianapolis-indiana.jpg

i also agree strongly about it not being "football enough". im not real sure what to do about that. i dont want to add a football to it (thats the easy way out) but ill consider it

I'm not Indy native, but I think that would tie in perfectly to the city.

When I mean to make it more football vibed, throw in a goalpost, football, stadium, field lines, anything. Be creative on this, that's what the NFL has done the past decade.

all points duly noted

I'm not Indy native, but I think that would tie in perfectly to the city.

When I mean to make it more football vibed, throw in a goalpost, football, stadium, field lines, anything. Be creative on this, that's what the NFL has done the past decade.

But the logos this past decade, well, past 6 years, have all sucked compared to the 'golden era' from Super Bowl 30 to 38. Why try to emulate that? I would make it completely city-specific. That one for Miami that looked like a neon marquee was great, as was the one for Tampa that looked like a cigar label, and the one for San Diego that had the nautical flags/compass rose, the one for Arizona that looked like the Navajo weaving. I could go on, but all of those were pretty great, and none of them had any football imagery.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I find this to be somewhat awkwardly put together. You took the time to skew the XLVI, but then the speedway is at an angle that doesn't complement the angle of the skew. Furthermore, the supporting type such as SUPER BOWL and INDIANAPOLIS in the lower right one isn't skewed at all. It's very jarring and if you used one perspective/angle to set the pieces at, it would be more unified. The outline on the football is far too thin in comparison to the rest of the elements. Slightly off topic, I would say that the golden era should include XLI, and not XXXVI, because that logo was mediocre at best.

Seems to me like you could have used the "L" in "XLV" to work in the monument. Out of the series of five logos you recently submitted, I'd say that #2 (top right corner) version looks more like a SuperBowl logo than any of the others. The angle/perspective gives it some movement that plays off the speed of football and the indy500. Nice work so far. Definite upgrade from your original design.

thanks guys. CJ, what if i added some detail to the "XLV" to match the monument more? im afraid to take too much away from it.

Johnny, using the monument in the "L" could work too. i think it make most sense in place if the "I" though. i also like that perspective of the top right

GRAPHIC ARTIST

thanks guys. CJ, what if i added some detail to the "XLV" to match the monument more? im afraid to take too much away from it.

Johnny, using the monument in the "L" could work too. i think it make most sense in place if the "I" though. i also like that perspective of the top right

I suppose you could. I think it takes away from that 'logo feel with as much detail as you have, maybe consider thickening the outlines.

I also like the perspective on the top right, It definately gives it a 'SuperBowl' feel.

Archived