Blazers alt's last night

jimbojohnny56

Expound a bit maybe? Pictures?

The following....

blazers.jpg

Those are horrible! Why would you want those jerseys full-time? Give me the Knicks in green instead.

What like these?

12851_234608145109_631125109_4632649_2192446_n.jpg

These "rip city" unis are supposed to be worn like 4 times or something like that

Yeah, those are okay. Dated as hell, but okay.

And that Mardi Gras NoLa jersey is effing great. It sums up the city perfectly, and in all honesty, doesn't look nearly as bad as most of you kids would like to think.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I agree about the Mardi Gras jerseys from a symbolic standpoint; I like the beads, and the special paisley-esque pattern is nice. However, I feel like the two-tone jersey is too much. I'd prefer to have it purple on both sides; there's a nicer contrast with the yellow, and the shade of purple is much better than the green, in my opinion. Also, the label "Cultural Uniform" for the Rip City uniforms is awful, especially seeing as the nickname "Rip City" has nothing to do with culture. The Mardi Gras jersey, now that is a Cultural Uniform.

scotland_fifasig.png

The Blazers did NOT wear the 'Rip City' alternates last night. They were in Toronto, and my understanding was the 'Rip City' alts were only to be worn at home. These are the alts in question:

blazers526-2-022410.jpg

Okay well then these are the throwbacks they are wearing this year

Those are horrible! Why would you want those jerseys full-time? Give me the Knicks in green instead.

What like these?

These "rip city" unis are supposed to be worn like 4 times or something like that

I like the thought behind the hornets, I just don't know why they used the Magic template? all they had to do was use the same template they have now and change the colors and add the patterns

The following....

blazers.jpg

What like these?

I love the NOLA jerseys ... much better than the Rip City jerseys. On the other hand I do like the '77 jerseys. Not for FT use, but as a throwback every few years, sure.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

I liked the idea behind these...my only qulam was that I would have preferred to see the green and purple flipped around--green in front, purple in back.

And for all those not on board with the two-tone jerseys, it isn't like this is the first time we've seen this in the NBA. The Toronto Raptors, up until about two years or so ago, had been doing it practically their entire existence, with the road sets, anyway. (But then, i don't think very many people cared then, nor do they care now, for Toronto's uniforms, home or road, so that may just be a moot point.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I think it's fun, and I could get behind a subdued version of these as full-time uniforms if I weren't so opposed to New Orleans being force-fed its government-subsidized NBA team back. The Hornets' everyday uniforms are uglier than these.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

They look really cheap to me, and pinstripes are awful on any team that's not the Magic. The plain white cuffs look bad with the stupid pinstripes and yellow numbers, and it's yet another team that wears blue. At least the old set was fairly close to green/purple/yellow. Why'd they ditch those? Tainted by Oklahoma City?

chris.paul.jpg

Just slap the Pittsburgh Pirates lettering on here and it'd be fine, but no, now we have to dig up the old bad Charlotte Hornets crap on Charlotte AND the Hornets.

I wonder what Louisiana could've done with the tax money it uses to subsidize the Hornets. Probably helped poor people.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived