2009-10 NHL Season Part 2

NEW.ERA

New ISS Draft Rankings second last one before June's Entry Draft in LA.

Tyler Seguin passes Taylor Hall in the race to be an Oiler or Leaf Bruin

Rounding out the Top 5.

(OHL) Windsor, D Cam Fowler

(KHL) Sibir Novosibirsk, F Vladimir Tarasenko

(QMJHL) Moncton, D Brandon Gormley

Hmm, wonder if the Russian kid will slip to a later pick in the first round due to the whole KHL. thing

Drafting Russians high in the draft is a very high risk move due to the KHL. Outside of Ovechkin, Malkin and Kovalchuk what other high ranking Russian's have worked out since Russia let them come over to North America?

Just look at the Filatov and Radulov situation's Columbus and Nashville both took the risk and both aren't in the NHL. I mean it's always good to have at least a couple Russians in the system it can't hurt but with high ranking Russians they might not ever play in the NHL so buyer beware.

Filatov'll be back in Columbus next year with Hitchcock gone. Hitch hated the kid. He didn't "play enough defense". Well ya know what? Filatov was drafted to be a 50-goal scorer!

That is true Filatov did not fit well in Hitchcock's grind it out style of offense just ask Marian Gaborik or any Flame player that has gone on to bigger and better things..... cough cough St Louis, Savard.

Filatov still has lots of room for improvement so yeah I'd expect him back a hell of a lot sooner then Alex Radulov.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What does Gaborik have to do with Hitchcock or the Flames? None of those three paths have ever crossed.

Me thinks the connection with Gaborik and Hitchcock is that Gabby played in a defensive system in Minny similar to Hitch's. As for the Flames, i'm as lost as you are.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I suppose. I guess I made a distinction between the Wild, who ran a straight-up Lemairian NZT, whereas Hitchpuck just seems to be unrefined drudgery.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I suppose. I guess I made a distinction between the Wild, who ran a straight-up Lemairian NZT, whereas Hitchpuck just seems to be unrefined drudgery.

Hitchpuck is not hockey. As you like to say, it kills the game.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Do you mean Wisniewski on Seabrook? Because they blew that off too. That was as blatant a case of headhunting as I've seen in a long time. That whole Ducks organization could die in a fire for the betterment of the sport.

Why wasn't Bobby Ryan called for a penalty for knocking out Brent Sopel in last night's Blackhawks-Ducks game?

Because it was Perry?

But yeah, it should've been called.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Seeing wiz go straight at Seabrook was ridiculous. I believe it is being reviewed today. IMO that was a much dirtier, suspend-able/finae-ble hit than ovechkin's on campbell

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Seeing wiz go straight at Seabrook was ridiculous. I believe it is being reviewed today. IMO that was a much dirtier, suspend-able/finae-ble hit than ovechkin's on campbell

I believe Seabrook is being investigated as well for his hit on Perry not 100% on that though.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Seabrook is getting nothing because he ultimately got hurt, and Perry didn't.

Wisniewski is getting suspended 8 games purely because Seabrook got hurt.

I know what I say will probably be blown off as Ducks homerism by some people (such as the trumpeter of the "Goon Squad" name admiral) but what Wisniewski did doesn't deserve 8 games.

Did Wis go out of his way? Hard to tell. He was pinching in to get the puck and hit Seabrook, and no matter what Wiz or anyone else will say, because of Seabrook hitting Perry, people will think the two hits are linked. They very well may be, but no one is going to say one way or the other and to the people making these decisions they dont care.

Wiz did leave his feet to make the hit, but unlike Seabrook on Perry, he didn't hit him with anything but his head. Seabrook got Perry with his hands/forearm. From what I can see, Wiz hit Seabrook's head with his helmet and Seabrook hit the glass. And it isn't a blindside hit like the Cooke hit was or Ovechkin's hit.

Seabrook getting injured has a lot to do with this too. Now that the NHL is trying to cut down on these head injuries and whatever, Wiz is getting the brunt of it. Cooke didn't get anything because it was still in discussion. Now that the NHL has said that they will try to implement it before the end of the season, Wisniewski is getting the brunt of the test drive.

Wisniewski is also a so-called "repeat offender" because he got a 2-game suspension early on in the season for a hit on Shane Doan. But to jump from 2 to 8 games to "make an example" is freaking ridiculous. 4 games would have been reasonable, even 5 games I would have understood. But 8 games is tad excessive if you ask me. Ovechkin is a repeat offender too, and he broke several bones and put Campbell out for the season, but of course he's Ovechkin and he's on the best team in the league. He needs to be saved. But James Wisniewski on the 13th place Ducks? Mincemeat for the NHL Disciplinarians.

I don't thoroughly agree with it, but I expected Wiz to be suspended, and 8 games is excessive.

Also Admiral, just to recap the season:

Goon Squad - 3 wins

Blackhawks - 1 win

Thanks for playing.

(Yes I know the Ducks scored on a giveaway by the goalie and Perry should have been called for interference on the winning goal, but thems the breaks. And Hiller played on his head.)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

He was pinching in to get the puck

Hey stud, Seabrook didn't have the puck.

If they called a penalty on Seabrook for hitting Perry, the trogs wouldn't have taken a run at him. Instead, they "let it go" and precipitated a real mess, which they made worse by only giving Wiz "two for charging" on the very headshots they're trying to get rid of.

He was pinching in to get the puck

Hey stud, Seabrook didn't have the puck.

If they called a penalty on Seabrook for hitting Perry, the trogs wouldn't have taken a run at him. Instead, they "let it go" and precipitated a real mess, which they made worse by only giving Wiz "two for charging" on the very headshots they're trying to get rid of.

Puck was right there. Keith had it, Seabrook was right next to him, it gets passed Seabrook's way. I can see where Wiz was going down to get it, but yeah he was going to Seabrook. He was anticipating a little bit, but he still was going for him.

Like I said, I thought he was going to get suspended for it, but not for 8 games.

Agreed on the penalty thing. The NHL needs to get this thing under control, but making an example of Wiz after what's happened recently isnt the way. It's like they're using this one incident to make a scapegoat and throw down the iron hammer on this thing rather than distributing it around.

My complain on the 8 games brings up something else. The NHL needs to make a standard system of suspension. How does the NHL differentiate between 1 or 2 games or 4 or 5 games and then go out and slap a 8-gamer on Wiz. With these talks of implementing a penalty in-game for stuff like this, the NHL needs to set up a system to properly distribute suspensions. Otherwise it's all suggestive and no one is really happy with the suspension number.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Seabrook is getting nothing because he ultimately got hurt, and Perry didn't.

Wisniewski is getting suspended 8 games purely because Seabrook got hurt.

I know what I say will probably be blown off as Ducks homerism by some people (such as the trumpeter of the "Goon Squad" name admiral) but what Wisniewski did doesn't deserve 8 games.

Did Wis go out of his way? Hard to tell. He was pinching in to get the puck and hit Seabrook, and no matter what Wiz or anyone else will say, because of Seabrook hitting Perry, people will think the two hits are linked. They very well may be, but no one is going to say one way or the other and to the people making these decisions they dont care.

Wiz did leave his feet to make the hit, but unlike Seabrook on Perry, he didn't hit him with anything but his head. Seabrook got Perry with his hands/forearm. From what I can see, Wiz hit Seabrook's head with his helmet and Seabrook hit the glass. And it isn't a blindside hit like the Cooke hit was or Ovechkin's hit.

Seabrook getting injured has a lot to do with this too. Now that the NHL is trying to cut down on these head injuries and whatever, Wiz is getting the brunt of it. Cooke didn't get anything because it was still in discussion. Now that the NHL has said that they will try to implement it before the end of the season, Wisniewski is getting the brunt of the test drive.

Wisniewski is also a so-called "repeat offender" because he got a 2-game suspension early on in the season for a hit on Shane Doan. But to jump from 2 to 8 games to "make an example" is freaking ridiculous. 4 games would have been reasonable, even 5 games I would have understood. But 8 games is tad excessive if you ask me. Ovechkin is a repeat offender too, and he broke several bones and put Campbell out for the season, but of course he's Ovechkin and he's on the best team in the league. He needs to be saved. But James Wisniewski on the 13th place Ducks? Mincemeat for the NHL Disciplinarians.

I don't thoroughly agree with it, but I expected Wiz to be suspended, and 8 games is excessive.

Also Admiral, just to recap the season:

Goon Squad - 3 wins

Blackhawks - 1 win

Thanks for playing.

(Yes I know the Ducks scored on a giveaway by the goalie and Perry should have been called for interference on the winning goal, but thems the breaks. And Hiller played on his head.)

Yeah, no big deal, he only hit him with the head. Injury+Headshot+Repeat offender= 8 games. Not surprised a bit.

And just to recap the season:

Goon Team: 13th in the West

Blackhawks: 2nd in the West

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I don't really care about either team. As a Canucks fan, it's actually good for me if the Hawks have a bunch of injuries. However, that hit was a blatant combo of charging, interference, leaving your feet, and a shoulder/forearm to the head.

Honestly, I think the minimum suspension for any egregious foul should be at least five games, less than that really isn't going to get any player's attention IMO.

Archived