2009-10 NHL Season Part 2

NEW.ERA

New ISS Draft Rankings second last one before June's Entry Draft in LA.

Tyler Seguin passes Taylor Hall in the race to be an Oiler or Leaf Bruin

Rounding out the Top 5.

(OHL) Windsor, D Cam Fowler

(KHL) Sibir Novosibirsk, F Vladimir Tarasenko

(QMJHL) Moncton, D Brandon Gormley

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Miller (Sabres) and Legace (Canes), allow the first goal of the game on the first shot, to Antropov (Thrashers) and Bergeron (Bruins) respectively. Antropov scored 33 seconds in and Bergeron scored 23 seconds in.

ho hum, Caps hang 7 on the Panthers sans Ovie. Statement game? Hardly, in my book, its the Panthers.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I think it's safe to say Colorado will be still playing come mid April same with Nashville.

It's between the Wings and the Flames and the way the Flames luck and play went last night it will be the Wings spot to lose. Sorry rest of the NHL but I know the Flames won't give up until the very end.

Dallas 8, San Jose 2. Reason No. 1,365 the Sharks still won't win the Stanley Cup. Losing to the Ducks the other night as well.

And the Coyotes are just 5 points away from San Jose. :)

Yeah I know :blink:

Actually it's nice to see the Yotes having a successful season after all the ownership drama.

Dallas 8, San Jose 2. Reason No. 1,365 the Sharks still won't win the Stanley Cup. Losing to the Ducks the other night as well.

And the Coyotes are just 5 points away from San Jose. :)

I seriously had to check the standings to see that to actually believe that. I thought that race was over back in February, but apparently it isn't. Wow.

With the Coyotes getting hotter than the sun & the Sharks beginning to do what they normally do around playoff time, this could make for a very interesting race for the Pacific Division title. Also, who would've thought that the Coyotes would be playing THIS well? Pretty cool story.

Rounding out the Top 5.

Hmm, wonder if the Russian kid will slip to a later pick in the first round due to the whole KHL. thing

Rounding out the Top 5.

Hmm, wonder if the Russian kid will slip to a later pick in the first round due to the whole KHL. thing

Drafting Russians high in the draft is a very high risk move due to the KHL. Outside of Ovechkin, Malkin and Kovalchuk what other high ranking Russian's have worked out since Russia let them come over to North America?

Just look at the Filatov and Radulov situation's Columbus and Nashville both took the risk and both aren't in the NHL. I mean it's always good to have at least a couple Russians in the system it can't hurt but with high ranking Russians they might not ever play in the NHL so buyer beware.

Ooooh, you've got a case with Gord.

I was going to say "Gordie" myself.

Hockey nickname rules: take first name, add "ie" to it.

If first name already ends with that sound, find another way to work it in. Last name, syllables, etc.

Don't forget you can add "-er" or "-s" to it as well.

Rounding out the Top 5.

Drafting Russians high in the draft is a very high risk move due to the KHL. Outside of Ovechkin, Malkin and Kovalchuk what other high ranking Russian's have worked out since Russia let them come over to North America?

Just look at the Filatov and Radulov situation's Columbus and Nashville both took the risk and both aren't in the NHL. I mean it's always good to have at least a couple Russians in the system it can't hurt but with high ranking Russians they might not ever play in the NHL so buyer beware.

Filatov'll be back in Columbus next year with Hitchcock gone. Hitch hated the kid. He didn't "play enough defense". Well ya know what? Filatov was drafted to be a 50-goal scorer!

6fQjS3M.png

Archived