2009-10 NHL Season Part 2

NEW.ERA

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In their defense, that is completely indefensible.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

- "When Repeatedly Punching A Guy In The Nuts From Behind Is A Minor."

I really am not trying to dive into Crosby apology territory, because its not really my thing, but your not equating his taint punch to someone coming back and trying to blow out his knee are you?

What Chapter Numbers are suitable for "Star Treatment" and "The Refs Are Blind" in the Only the Goddamned NHL?

Those are universal, though.

I've come to accept that following the Blackhawks is fraught with cruel irony. The team is at its most popular when the sport is at its least. For years we had a cheap owner who wouldn't spend money on office coffee, now we have an owner who's willing and able to spend like a Steinbrenner but cannot because of a draconian salary cap. The cap was put in place to keep the Phoenixes and Nashvilles of the league from going bankrupt, but then they still did anyway. For years nobody could watch the games on television, but now that we can again they keep putting them on a cable channel that lots of people don't have. This roster is loaded at every position except the most important one in all of sports. This whole endeavor is somehow even more miserable when they're good than it was when they were bad.

P.K. Subban, who happens to be black.

Shame on the blogger if this Carlin reference was unintentional. Like it's a :censored:ing accident?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Well the Ovechkin hit should be accompanied with at least a one game suspension.

Per the rule book

23.5 Fines and Suspensions - Stick Infractions, Boarding and Checking from Behind Category - In regular League games, any player or goalkeeper who incurs a total of two (2) game misconduct penalties for stick-related infractions, Boarding - Rule 42, or Checking from Behind - Rule 44, shall be suspended automatically for the next League game of his team. For each subsequent game misconduct penalty, the automatic suspension shall be increased by one game

So we shall see if Ovi gets handed his second suspension of the season.

Per Caps Insider and NHL Rulebook:

The rulebook states that when a player has played in 41 consecutive games "without being assessed a boarding and/or a checking from behind major and a game misconduct," his current record will be wiped clean. Exactly 41 games have passed since the last boarding call (Nov. 25), so he should avoid an automatic suspension.

Really can't get much more blatant than that.

Or cheap. You dont need to rant, the video says it all.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Really can't get much more blatant than that.

Or cheap. You dont need to rant, the video says it all.

It's disgusting.

I was at that game. First time seeing the Pens on the road and the St. Pete Times Forum was 55-60% Pens fans, so it was a good time. We didn't see the play as it happened and the only replay they showed at the arena made it look like they inadvertently got their legs tangled. Sid ended up being OK, but what kind of penalty, if any, is going to come down for something like this?

It should be no suspension. I can't stand Downie at all, but that looks like nothing more than him falling and they getting tangled up. If it was so dirty, where is the Pens' response? It if were any other player, nobody thinks twice.

It should be no suspension. I can't stand Downie at all, but that looks like nothing more than him falling and they getting tangled up. If it was so dirty, where is the Pens' response? It if were any other player, nobody thinks twice.

I think the Lightning fan in you is affecting your judgement. That is very clearly a cheap shot to me.

Not the worst one in the world, but a cheapshot none-the-less.

IUe6Hvh.png

I think the Lightning fan in you is affecting your judgement. That is very clearly a cheap shot to me.

I just don't see the intent. Subtly is not a characteristic Downie possesses. Again, a perceived cheapshot would have drawn some response.

It's a shame because Downie is actually becoming a good player.

I just don't see the intent. Subtly is not a characteristic Downie possesses. Again, a perceived cheapshot would have drawn some response.

It did draw a response, didn't you see Kennedy go at him?

1zgyd8w.jpg

There is a reason why I've been defending him all these years - the guy can play, he just needs to think before some of his actions away from the puck.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I was happy when Ovechkin got kicked out yesterday. Not just because he's Ovechkin, but because it was a key part in my XHL team winning game one...

...then I realized the man he injured that caused him to get kicked out was my top defenseman in Brian Campbell.

Oh the irony.

EDIT: Ovy suspended for two games. My shot at the finals just got a whole lot better.

oBIgzrL.png

Archived