HGTV Renovates Its Brand

Jigga

I like the unifying of HGTV in one font, making it a stronger brand. The triangle is simple enough but almost instantly recognizable as a roof. The tagline makes it cluttered, and the pointy rectangle thing doesn't make much sense.

The logo would look better as just HGTV/Triangle alone.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Slight improvement, but nothing special.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I like the unifying of HGTV in one font, making it a stronger brand. The triangle is simple enough but almost instantly recognizable as a roof. The tagline makes it cluttered, and the pointy rectangle thing doesn't make much sense.

The logo would look better as just HGTV/Triangle alone.

The pointy rectangle isn't part of the logo, it's an element from the website. I'm not sure the tagline is even part of the logo per se...that's the only image I could find when I looked for it.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

The real question is how many of you actually watch the channel? ^_^

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I watch HGTV and DIY a ton and I'm not afraid to admit it. Although I just bought my first house recently and its a fixer upper. Honestly all the shows on there are very helpful for tricks of the trade and ideas.

I like the update. The roof does kinda end at a wierd spot but I'm sure they looked at just having it over the HG and over teh whole thing and this just looked right. It does at least end at a point...where the V meets the T. So its not just hangin' out there...

I noticed this last night while watching Holmes on Homes (love that show). Not much of a change, but enough that I took notice.

The only thing that bugs me is that the triangle is over 2/3 of it, rather than just the HG, or all of it.

My thoughts exactly. Just over the HG would be the best solution, in my opinion.

The real question is how many of you actually watch the channel? ^_^

Buc, I watch the :censored: out of some HGTV. I love it. I don't even own a house, but I'm just setting myself up with some ideas and knowledge for when I do.

And yeah, Mac, Mike Holmes is most certainly a badass.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I noticed this last night while watching Holmes on Homes (love that show). Not much of a change, but enough that I took notice.

The only thing that bugs me is that the triangle is over 2/3 of it, rather than just the HG, or all of it.

I thought the same. It's weird how it kind of just stops for no reason.

I watch HGTV and DIY a ton and I'm not afraid to admit it. Although I just bought my first house recently and its a fixer upper. Honestly all the shows on there are very helpful for tricks of the trade and ideas.

I watch it for the exact same reason. Holmes on Homes, DIY Disaster and Home to Flip are what I watch most.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Archived