Original Six Rebrand

The Fixer

A RCMP themed logo is a terrible idea for the Canadiens. First of all, as gueman pointed out, the RCMP was initially formed to police the Canadian northwest. Secondly, despite being a national police force, the Mounties are associated with English Canada and the Federal government. Thus it would not go over well for the Canadiens, a team that represents French Canada.

The Leafs crest, well I would suggest starting over. The pine trees (taken from the Timberwolves logo) come out of left field. I`m not sure what else to suggest for the Leafs, they have a pretty consistent and solid identity. All I can suggest is to start over.

The Rangers, well I would suggest trying to integrate the NY into the shield and star. As you have it, the NY looks tacked on

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you want to associate a "person" to the Canadians try googling Habitaints the source of the "Habs" nickname. Then you might be on to something.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

A RCMP themed logo is a terrible idea for the Canadiens. First of all, as gueman pointed out, the RCMP was initially formed to police the Canadian northwest. Secondly, despite being a national police force, the Mounties are associated with English Canada and the Federal government. Thus it would not go over well for the Canadiens, a team that represents French Canada.

The Leafs crest, well I would suggest starting over. The pine trees (taken from the Timberwolves logo) come out of left field. I`m not sure what else to suggest for the Leafs, they have a pretty consistent and solid identity. All I can suggest is to start over.

The Rangers, well I would suggest trying to integrate the NY into the shield and star. As you have it, the NY looks tacked on

I couldnt agree more. I really wish the mountie worked but thank you for explaining it more. would a mountie work for vancouver?

they are more wild like trees then timberwolves but yes, i agree. there are only so many to do a pine tree. :D

I see that now. I'm going to try some other ideas about that

Gueman: thats a great idea but I dont really know what would make a good habitant logo. is there any certain characteristics that people would recognize and associate with that? i googled it but didnt find much

I couldnt agree more. I really wish the mountie worked but thank you for explaining it more. would a mountie work for vancouver?

they are more wild like trees then timberwolves but yes, i agree. there are only so many to do a pine tree. :D

Gueman: thats a great idea but I dont really know what would make a good habitant logo. is there any certain characteristics that people would recognize and associate with that? i googled it but didnt find much

Well my boy that is called research. The Wiki page had a very detailed description and even a drawing to go off of. This is the internet you can find anything you want if you just take the time. That is what really pissed me off about your chippy responses with things like "I don't know much about Canada". Come on man you have a great research tool at your fingertips use it.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Well my boy that is called research. The Wiki page had a very detailed description and even a drawing to go off of. This is the internet you can find anything you want if you just take the time. That is what really pissed me off about your chippy responses with things like "I don't know much about Canada". Come on man you have a great research tool at your fingertips use it.

The Wiki page does NOT have a very detailed description. I read it. I used my resource. It says they are farmers basically. They were french settlers, and as far as I know there is no really important characteristic about that. The picture is not very helpful and is not detailed enough to get anything out of it. All the information I could get from it is: they wore hats and coats in the winter, which is why I asked you.

If you want to associate a "person" to the Canadians try googling Habitaints

On the contrary, I'd recommend not googling "habitaints"

LOL! Yea one simple typo can really change the meaning! Although a guy smoking opium would make for an interesting logo. (If that is what you meant)

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

P. J. O'Rourke

Archived