Original Six Rebrand

The Fixer

I started a concept today for the contest at Puckdrawn and surprisingly finished. The wordmark is just a font, and is more of a title then a well thought out mark. and the 2nd wing is just the primary (again) but smaller so you can see the tips of the wing. So here it is:

edit: the wing primary logo was also made to be a "D" and i couldnt figure out how to get the small "yellow-ish" stripes on the socks off. i couldnt select them for some reason. So imagine they are not there :)

redwingsbig.png

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi im a new member from Guadalajara Mexico, at first escuse if my english is not good, Im a sports fan and a amateur designer (very amateur xD)i will post some ideas or concepts later

about th topic; i think the D logo looks a little weird,it looks like an harp without strings

34z0jli.jpg

The feathers on the wing don't really look wing-like. They just look like the same feather layered on top of itself.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

The logo looks too much like a harp. It doesn't really suit my taste. The jerseys are really fine though. The only thing I would add is a grey stripe above the white area on the socks, so it can match the rest of the uniform.

Thanks everyone. I was originally going for an angel wing hence the harp shape but oh well. I'm going to go back and change th lgos a big. Make them sleeker.

And does Anyone know how to change the title of a topic? I would like to make this an original six rebranding series because I have a few others laid out

That logo is wayyy too busy. People seem to forget, it's Detroit - Motor City. It has to represent that, cars, etc...that's the culture the logo was based on. People trying to make it more "wing" like usually fail. I don't really see this logo representing the city at all.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

ok i came up with a new logo. easier to see the d shape and less bulky. I have 3 versions to show though. Also im thinking of just renaming them the wings. (remember its for a contest, not a real serious proposal. I also came up with a new secondary that forms another simpler D.

so tell me which you like best:

1.greywings.png

2.redandgrey.png

3. red.png

What is the alternate logo of?

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

yea its supposed to be the middle of the d but wasnt sure if it would work. Oh well, gotta figure something out for that though.

and Im redoing the Original Six. how does my maple leafs rough draft look?

maplerough.png

and i know that the bottom trees are pine trees not maple trees but it works for toronto.

Archived