Original Six Rebrand

The Fixer

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok Im finally done for the night :P I got a lot done today. I think finally figured out the red wings logo though. Its simple, sleek, not too bulky, easy to see from far away. So Ill finish the whole thing tomorrow.

redwingsagain.png

tomorrow hopefully ill get a lot of fully thought out finished drafts done.I wasnt trying to produce sloppy stuff today, just putting my ideas "on paper" for a little early CC and so I dont forget

still: does anyone know how to change the title of a thread? Ive seen it done before

You need to slow down and put more thought into these. Both concept and execution are lacking on all.

I'm gunna have to agree with Josh. Both Toronto and New York look uninspired and rushed. The Red Wings logo has gone from okay to ehhh in your updates. Slow down, take your time, get it right, then post it.

EDIT: This latest New York logo is a prime example. The lines on the shield are different widths all the way around. It's little things like this that kills a logo. Again, take your time, get everything even. Don't just throw it out there half-assed.

It's not like I slapped em on a jersey or started a new thread. I specifically said Its rough and I will need to go back ad change stuff I was looking for the general positive or negative reaction at them.

So if you have any actually feedback on my logos that I can use not "spend more time and get it perfect before you think about posting!", I'd live to hear it.

It's not like I slapped em on a jersey or started a new thread. I specifically said Its rough and I will need to go back ad change stuff I was looking for the general positive or negative reaction at them.

So if you have any actually feedback on my logos that I can use not "spend more time and get it perfect before you think about posting!", I'd live to hear it.

That was feedback, sport. Your lines are uneven, the widths on your outlines are not the same throughout the logo. These are things that should be fixed before working on a new logo, and also things that you should have noticed while doing it originally. Also, the Y looks like it was thrown in as an afterthought. It looks squished into the lower right while the N is in the spacious upper left. I never said be perfect, I said don't make it look like you "slapped em on a jersey." You have 3 far from finished logos in the same thread (of 2 pages). What Josh and I are saying, which you are clearly not figuring out is; slow down. Finish a logo, then move on to the next one. Stop posting rough draft after rough draft. If you can't take negative feedback, don't ask for it.

Im not trying to be defensive or say that i dont embrace negative feedback. hit me with your worst! but I dont see what is wrong with posting TWO (not 20 or so like you made it seem) ideas in the meantime while Im waiting for feedback on the main logo of this thread. My main goal right now is to finish the red wings logo. but while Im waiting to see if I have it right, I post an idea. Im not stopping progress on the red wings to work on the rangers. and Im going back to the drawing board with the leafs. I also dont think I have 3 far from finished logos. I think Im done with the red wings if I can get some more positive reaction, the leafs I am scrapping, and the Rangers IS far from finished.

So thank you for pointing out the line widths. I will fix that and look at it more closely. I will also look into the Y in NY. and I will also slow down and finish the redwings BUT If i am waiting for feedback, I will work on another logo. I dont think thats a problem. I understand where you are coming from and thanks for the concern but I dont think its hurting anyone that I have a side project or too or that i hash out my ideas.

any other feedback on the red wings?

Detroit: I'm a fan of the V1 primary logo from the last page. It pops very nicely when it's on the home jersey. Your alternate logo needs work because that silver "baton" needs a red trim. It looks invisible without.

Toronto: I strongly disagree with your statement that pine trees work for Toronto. I think they need to go.

New York: If you're trying to make it ressemble a police badge, it would need a bit more text above and below, but not inside the star. And not just "NY".

Ok thanks for that. I strongly agree with all of that. I made a canadiens logo a while ago that I'll eventually post here, you probably won't want to get away from the c though :P

also Ryoma I totally agree. working on it.

edit:habsfan- any opinions on the latest update? what I thought was wrong with the one you said you liked is that there were too many feathers and they were hard to make out on a jersey, so i simplified them in the current. So im wondering what you think of that

I made a canadiens logo a while ago that I'll eventually post here, you probably won't want to get away from the c though :P

Let's see it. :)

edit:habsfan- any opinions on the latest update? what I thought was wrong with the one you said you liked is that there were too many feathers and they were hard to make out on a jersey, so i simplified them in the current. So im wondering what you think of that

Your most recent one is, like you said, simplified and I'll say it's cleaner. I can't say I love it, but it's definetely not bad at all. What I would have done is make the D part thicker, so it could stand out more, like it does on the home jersey.

well I dont want to fully unveil it yet. I guess I have to many cooks in the kitchen right now for most people. But well, i originally started it meaning for it to be a "mountie" head with the hat. But then I saw sizemorematters needed a logo for his "colonels" team so i modified it for that. If you want to check the colonel version out in the request forum, and send me some feedback via PM, that would be awesome. I dont know how it would translate to canadian culture though. too much blue maybe. also did you see my edit above?

Man, with this whole Red Wings thing, I'd say put it down and walk away from it for a few days. I can see what you're trying to do, but it just doesn't look enough like a D or a wing to make it a solid logo. Like I said, let it go for a while and come back to it. That time off generally grants perspective.

And the star on the Rangers' logo looks somewhat like clip-art.

Man, with this whole Red Wings thing, I'd say put it down and walk away from it for a few days. I can see what you're trying to do, but it just doesn't look enough like a D or a wing to make it a solid logo. Like I said, let it go for a while and come back to it. That time off generally grants perspective.

And the star on the Rangers' logo looks somewhat like clip-art.

I agree. Don't scrap your Red Wings ideas, but put them on the shelf for a short period and come back to it later. I do that all the time and it usually helps for me to gather new ideas and try new things later.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

I agree with Ted. I may have sounded a bit harsh but rough draft to me is doing the initial sketches, getting it down on paper (or illustrator) and then walking away for awhile. Then you come back and make some revisions. That is what I meant by slow down, because it was obvious these are the very first initial responses to your design intentions.

Definitely don't scrap what you have started, but don't be afraid to go in new directions. A professor once told me that an element of a design can be a great idea, but if it doesn't fit the project then it is a bad one. Granted that is for architecture, but I believe that crosses over to all design fields.

Don't give up. You are just trying to do too much too quickly. Do some sketches this morning, go out and enjoy the day (if you have beautiful weather like I have today) and then come back to it.

Archived