Original Six Rebrand

The Fixer

ok PLEASE dont get mad at me for this but I have had the logos done for a while and wanted to just finish it and get it out of the way. So here is my canadiens concept. Remember I am going by Puckdrawns original six rebranding rules, so I HAD to get rid of the C. Not my choice, its a great logo. I like the Johhny Canuck idea and decided that a Royal Canadian Mounted Policeman, or "mountie" would be sweet for a canadiens concept.

canadiensconcept.png

So please dont get mad at me for bringing another logo into this thread. Ive had it done for a while now just need to finish up the unis. And does anyone know how to change the title of the thread??? Haha ive seen it done before!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know you said "no current logos or ideas," but I don't think you can have Quebec team with a specifically Francophone identity and not include a fleur-de-lis. I know the Canadiens sort of use one, but nothing about the FDL itself inherently ties it into a hockey club in Montreal.

I know you said "no current logos or ideas," but I don't think you can have Quebec team with a specifically Francophone identity and not include a fleur-de-lis. I know the Canadiens sort of use one, but nothing about the FDL itself inherently ties it into a hockey club in Montreal.

I don't really understand any of this haha? I don't know much about Canada

HaHa...well here is and idea learn about the place first. The RCMP is not a good choice for a team based in Montreal, take 10 min and Google RCMP and learn why. Also the logo for Montreal looks more like a Mexican bandit than a Mountie. If you don't know what that is you might want to Google that as well.

The Detroit logo is terrible, it looks nothing like a wing and is done very sloppily. The Rangers logo is very clip-artish. And the Maple Leafs looks ridiculous with the T-Wolves pine trees. NO ONE associates Toronto Maple Leafs with PINE TREES!

And "dude" saying you don't know anything about Canada or any other location you are working on is like saying you did it in paint.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

No they don't. :therock:

Hi, how are you?

HaHa...well here is and idea learn about the place first. The RCMP is not a good choice for a team based in Montreal, take 10 min and Google RCMP and learn why. Also the logo for Montreal looks more like a Mexican bandit than a Mountie. If you don't know what that is you might want to Google that as well.

The Detroit logo is terrible, it looks nothing like a wing and is done very sloppily. The Rangers logo is very clip-artish. And the Maple Leafs looks ridiculous with the T-Wolves pine trees. NO ONE associates Toronto Maple Leafs with PINE TREES!

And "dude" saying you don't know anything about Canada or any other location you are working on is like saying you did it in paint.

Mexican bandt xD sounds funny

34z0jli.jpg

edited because I make some dick comments and im better than that. ok noted though dont really understand the first paragraph

and I acknowlegded the whole second paragraph somewhere in here

and "dude" ripping doesnt help me at all. I much rather have some CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. any advice would be good, though I do think the redwings (which Im on the edge about) and the canadians (which I think I did a great job) are fine as they are for now and my purpose. remember I would keep all the current logos if I could but hey i made rules

Fixer, I realize people are playing a little rough and they're giving you mostly negative criticism, but I also think you know that responding to negative criticism with smart remarks because you see the criticism as an attack isn't going to get you anywhere on this forum.

The Habs logo shows some potential. Right now though the fellow doesn't look too much like a mountie. Minus the brim of the hat (which is oddly asymmetrical?) he looks like a Mongol or Attila the Hun. The thing under his nose, is it a mustache or mouth?

ummm....there are no mounties in Montreal. May want to rethink that one.

Andtheres no bears in Chicago. Or patriots in new England would be a better example. But Mounties do protect CANADA don't they? Hence canadiens

and Ted: you can't honesty look at that guys post and say he wasn't trying to be a jerk. So what can I do to make it look more like a mountie?

Andtheres no bears in Chicago. Or patriots in new England would be a better example. But Mounties do protect CANADA don't they? Hence canadiens

and Ted: you can't honesty look at that guys post and say he wasn't trying to be a jerk. So what can I do to make it look more like a mountie?

But there are bears in the general region. They pop up every now and then.

You shouldn't use a mountie when they are not used in Montreal, especially considering that Quebec pretty much has a referendum to secede from Canada every election (or used to anyway).

You shouldn't use a mountie when they are not used in Montreal, especially considering that Quebec pretty much has a referendum to secede from Canada every election (or used to anyway).

1) There have been two referendums in total, and none recent.

2) There are Mounties in the province of Quebec who deal with federal crimes. They do not provide municipal policing, but that is because Quebec and Ontario are large enough to have their own provincial police forces to cover the entire provinces.

3) Your general criticism still stands- Canadiens fans would crap themselves if Carey Price skated out with a Mountie on his sweater.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

1) There have been two referendums in total, and none recent.

2) There are Mounties in the province of Quebec who deal with federal crimes. They do not provide municipal policing, but that is because Quebec and Ontario are large enough to have their own provincial police forces to cover the entire provinces.

3) Your general criticism still stands- Canadiens fans would crap themselves if Carey Price skated out with a Mountie on his sweater.

Ah, I should have fact checked a bit more. I think it was maybe in the 90's when the Independent Quebec thing popped up big time. Isn't there a Quebec only political party that advocates it though?

What did you use for a reference picture for your mountie?

And I think you've been around here long enough to know that there are some people here who generally just give negative criticism. Why you let it get to you, I don't know.

You get what you give! You have been a jerk to every one that offered a bit of criticism. If you want to use a Mountie to represent Montreal go for it. Does it make any sense, NO. Will it piss every Montrealer and Quebecois you bet. See the RCMP were created to protect the north west of Canada when the area was lawless. (That is were googleing the RCMP would have helped ya sport)Sure there are RCMP's in every province, but today they are similar to the US FBI in those areas that have provincial police.

Look I remember what it was like to be 15, I also remember the first time I got drunk...neither is how I act now. People want to help you but if you want to be a teenage prick when ever anyone offers any bit of CC, you will get more crap then help.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

You get what you give! You have been a jerk to every one that offered a bit of criticism. If you want to use a Mountie to represent Montreal go for it. Does it make any sense, NO. Will it piss every Montrealer and Quebecois you bet. See the RCMP were created to protect the north west of Canada when the area was lawless. (That is were googleing the RCMP would have helped ya sport)Sure there are RCMP's in every province, but today they are similar to the US FBI in those areas that have provincial police.

Look I remember what it was like to be 15, I also remember the first time I got drunk...neither is how I act now. People want to help you but if you want to be a teenage prick when ever anyone offers any bit of CC, you will get more crap then help.

Im just trying to improve. you're not helping me at all. I hope I havent been a jerk, i dont think I have been. I think Ive taken every bit of criticism with respect except for yours (because you were trying to "put me in my place") and tried to improve it. i scrapped the leafs, i agree i need to fix the rangers (less clipart-esque)

Thanks for pointed out the RCMP issue. Ill research it some more. this really disappointing me because I thought it was a good idea and I was really happy with that logo! dang it! :grin: but a canadians fan on here who is in montreal said it was a good idea so i dont know whats up with that. if you have any helpful criticism or specific things i need to work on in my logos i would appreciate it. I really dont mean to be a jerk man, but you were out for blood. Im sorry if I have, i just want to post my concepts and hopefully get better. Arguing doesnt get us anywhere. but you are really ruining this topic and taking it away from me. please just let me post my stuff

edit: ohhh i get it now. googling RCMP didnt help me (i did that before i started the concept)but googling quebec did. i really liked the idea of a strong public protector as the logo though. Anything else that would maybe work for this? maybe this mountie logo for vancouver? (but they dont use red.....)

Lovin' the Mountie uniform, but I think the back of the Mountie's hat makes it look very disproportionate. I also think that the secondary logo could look better if the stripes behind it were turned 90 degrees so it resembles a Habs stripe. A fleur-de-lis on one shoulder might be a good idea too.

Also, I don't know about you, but I can totally picture the Mountie with a big bushy white mustache.

Archived