Seattle Grinders

raysox

Alrighty. So my pitch to the UBL for the new owner application was the Orlando Juicers. Then Logoman unleashes his concept fury, and I decided to rename my team so I wouldn't be called a thief or anything.

So my new team is the Seattle Grinders, for the city being home of Starbucks. Simple logos for this concept. The primary is the team name above a coffee mug, with baseball stitches in the drink. The cap is an S with the Space Needle. And the cabin of the needle is suppose to be a coffee bean. Jerseys are simple, nothing special just working with a new template.

Grinders.png

GrindersJrs.png

So comments! Maybe an awesome set will get me into a fantasy baseball league!

A few things:

1. The arc and centering of your primary looks off.

2. "Grinders" makes me think of sandwiches more than coffee. "Roasters" might be more apro po (sp?) for what you're trying to accomplish.

3. I'd lose the orange/beige outline around the "S"/Space Needle. The point around the top of the needle is distracting.

4. I'd get rid of the stitching in your coffee mug. I see why you're doing it, but it's so small and subtle, it's easily lost.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

I have two "I'm not sure how they'd look" thoughts --

1. Perhaps you can make the steam look like stitches (with two lines rising from the cup and curving away from each other).

2. If that doesn't work, maybe you can try making the mug look like a baseball with a handle (sort of like the ooooolllldddd Nescafe globe coffee mugs -- see below).

Nescafe.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Eh, I'm not too sure I'm liking this

First off, that primary is extremely bland; the script is boring and gives no character or personality to the logo whatsoever, and the cup logo looks completely separate from the script itself. I REALLY like the idea you're shootin for, it gives it a minor league feel, and that presents some fun ideas to play with.

That being said, I would like to see you go somewhere else with this concept, maybe something a little more than the obvious coffe cup, you know? Maybe try some ideas/themes that have to do with the coffee making process, something different.

Can't wait to see an update

As far as the primary logo goes, try putting "Grinders" under the coffee cup and move "Seattle" over the heat lines. The uniforms look pretty decent (although I personally hate brown on uniforms, especially dark brown). The name font you used looks kind of strange in contrast to the rest of the set though. Try making it a bit less static if that makes any sense.

330zl3b.png

Archived