Kennesaw State Owls Identity Project

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, they seem pretty set on it. I wish I could get an image of their "KS" logo...it's actually pretty popular and showing up on more and more stuff.

My logo has drawn alot of attention already, despite the long shot it has to ever show up on anything. The KSU Sentinel, the schools newspaper, wants to do an article with me about the design--to help get more publicity for it.

Can't knock down a trademark though. But, I guess an article in the school newspaper will do the concept justice!

Well, they seem pretty set on it. I wish I could get an image of their "KS" logo...it's actually pretty popular and showing up on more and more stuff.

My logo has drawn alot of attention already, despite the long shot it has to ever show up on anything. The KSU Sentinel, the schools newspaper, wants to do an article with me about the design--to help get more publicity for it.

Can't knock down a trademark though. But, I guess an article in the school newspaper will do the concept justice!

Whether or not they pay you to use this design, the logo would make a helluva good rebranding concept. ;)

• 7 months later...

Kennesaw State Owls Concept Part Two

I've been working on this concept on and off for a while now. My next step was to make an update of the Owl-in-circle logo while incorporating the look of my original full logo.

I made two versions--one without a script, and one with. The only issue here is that a certain line running between the logo shows up here...it didnt show when I exported it from inkscape. Ill go in and fix that shortly. Anyways, here it is. My tertiary logo will be a swooping owl, with no script. I'm also going to do a different version of their KS logo.

logoslick.png

That owl looks amazing, Brave-bird. This has got to be one of your better concepts, simply great work here. However, to clean stuff up, I would try and thicken up lose lines here especially around the beak, and probably eliminate soome colors. The shading on the head and underneath the beak is unneccesary, I think it looks just fine without it.

• 2 months later...

Here's just a few updates. I'm going to take this project all the way through and do team uniforms, merchandise concepts, and field/court representations.

Also, I just want to share an incorporation of the logo. It's nothing groundbreaking, but my friend, Justin Hayes, uses the logo in a header I created for him for his articles that go in the KSU Owls Newspaper

(the "Those Two Guys" logo on the far right is also a logo I created for, for his radio show)

concept logo in header

------------------------------------------------

Here's the basketball and football court. (we currently have a D1 basketball team...Atlantic Sun member. the football team is on it's way. 2014!)

court.png

footballfield.png

Archived