Nba All-star Logo 2005

jlucas4092

Watching the Nugs beat the Kings so far (and Utah losing, its' a beautiful thing), and the Nugs home court now has the all-star logo for next year on it. It's a light blue star, with the Nugs mountain top logo on top of it. Instead of "NUGGETS" it says "ALL-STAR". I don't have a pic (yet), but I'll see if I can find something.

First impression, it looks nice.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From ESPN.com:

The logo for the 2005 NBA All-Star Game, which will be played in Denver, was unveiled during the second quarter. The logo, which looks a lot like the Nuggets', was painted on the floor near midcourt.

Hopefully they're getting back to all-star logos with some creativity, unlike the last 2.....

Yeah it looks pretty nice. I think they're going back to the old style logos. I'm sick of the simplistic retro crap!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

• 1 month later...

Here's the official logos for the 2005 NBA All-Star game. Nobody has posted any good quality images of these so I thought I would take the opportunity to do so.

2005_nba_all-star.jpg

Notice how the wordmark is just like the 2004 LA wordmark but with different colors.

2004_la_wordmark.jpg

While looking for playoff merchandise, I found another version:

0347_bg.jpg

Just for the record, this logo is apparently no longer apart of the all-star logos.

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Well, in the wordmarks defense... the font is different as well. The logo looks REAL good. Pretty clever to use the mountain as part of the star.

And all-star logo or not... the older logo, with the newer colors in front of the star is pretty damn cool. I'm physched to have it in Denver. Correct me if I'm wrong -- but wasn't McNichols Arena in Denver the site of the first slam dunk contest?

IUe6Hvh.png

Well, in the wordmarks defense... the font is different as well.

Whether the font is a little different or not. They stole the whole look from LA. It's really too bad that people just can't be that creative with All-Star logos like they were in the past.

Correct me if I'm wrong -- but wasn't McNichols Arena in Denver the site of the first slam dunk contest?

I believe you're right but McNichols was such an ugly place, why would it get recognized for anything?

Retired Number's To Come

Correct me if I'm wrong -- but wasn't McNichols Arena in Denver the site of the first slam dunk contest?

I believe you're right but McNichols was such an ugly place, why would it get recognized for anything?

We get it... you hate the Nuggets! Enough already :wacko:

Anywho... I have some super quality versions of this logo (what logo don't I have perfect quality for in the 4 major sports?).

BTW, the NFL logos should be up very soon.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Whether the font is a little different or not. They stole the whole look from LA. It's really too bad that people just can't be that creative with All-Star logos like they were in the past.

"Stealing"/"Maintaining brand consistancy from one year to the next, as any decent organization does"

"Tomāto"/"Tomäto"

We get it... you hate the Nuggets! Enough already

Chris, this has nothing to do with the fact of me hating the Nuggets.

Anywho... I have some super quality versions of this logo (what logo don't I have perfect quality for in the 4 major sports?).

What does that have to do with anything?

"Stealing"/"Maintaining brand consistancy from one year to the next, as any decent organization does"

Call it what you will but they still could have been a little more creative.

Retired Number's To Come

Call it what you will but they still could have been a little more creative.

Well, you are the brand identity expert around here. <_<

What does that have to do with anything?

I feel like warning you again just for annoying me and making me respond to this post.

You see brandon, this is the board for my sports logos site... notice the title? good!

This is a thread about a certain sports logo, in which you brought up the issue that there was no good quality available.

Still following?

So I responded saying that I have some good quality versions of the logo, you know, in case you or anyone wanted it.

Sometimes I wonder how some people survive as long as they have, sorry... not sometimes... all the time.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived