Jamestown Blizzard

raysox

Hello all. I recently was accepted in the UBL fantasy baseball league. The league nearly almost had to skip a year, like the draft happened on opening day. So I decided to do all I could to help the league compete with the others, after all it's the oldest league on here(started in 2003).

I joined the league page, and half the teams had those espn logos with the 1 letter, or cap. I started to make some logos to use on the team pages for the teams that had logos. Seen here. Some teams didn't even have logos, so I decided I'd try to fix that.

The first team up is the Jamestown Blizzard. I was actually doodling after a science test, and came up with an idea. Then formed a whole identity from that. The colours are light blue, navy and orange. They seem to work really well. The main logo is a cloud, with the team name over. Not sure about what to do with the snow effect I made. Suggestions? Here's the logos.

JAMlogos.png

On the jerseys, I used simple piping, but then a light blue away jersey! The numbers match the scripts. One other thing I'm not sure of is the caps. Anyone have suggestions?

JAMjers.png

I PM'd the owner, but he hasn't been on since march. Hopefully he likes. C&c, pleeeeeeeeeeease.

I really, really like this. The snow seems sort of tacked on, but I can't think of any better ideas.

I remember seeing a Blizzard logo package before. It featured a polar bear. It was a tealish green color and silver. I can't find it now however.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

yeah, you could make this concept a lot better. taking the blizzard name to a angry snowman or polar bear or yeti would work really well and might provide extra ideas for a simple primary.

if you're going to stick with this route, you could clean up some things- like the "B/snowflake" logo. you could remove the outlines between each and almost mesh them together and have one outline, kind of like with the J.

i also think the snowman logo is just a bit too friendly and simple. almost like it could be used as basic clip art for a Christmas holiday set.

i'd also like to see some sharper angles featured in there. how about try a baseball bat that is frozen with sharp icicles coming off of it?

Meh, this has potential but right now it's too generic. The snowman rendering itself is just way too static, it's sitting there, not doing much of anything. No facial expressions, no movement. When I think of the nickname "blizzard", I think of a powerful and intense force of nature, which is good imagery for a sports team, but, you haven't captured that intensity here. The primary is just a cloud, with what appears to snow falling out of it. Yawn...I agree with what Cola said, work with the snowman motif as a primary, it could be used to represent the name blizzard very well, a polar bear would work, too. And the font, yeah, it's generic, Nuggets font slightly skewed doesn't really cut it, I don't think. Try using something more bold, thicken up the outlines, that will help, really, I'd start with a new font though. Right now, I'd say the snowflake rendering is the strongest part of the concept, it looks great, but the interaction with the B and J is awkward at best. Talking about positives, I think the color scheme is really strong, and I like the hat coloring. If you worked on giving the logos and wordmarks more life, this could develop into something good.

Agreed. This is a decent concept, but it could have been better executed. You could definately have fun with the name Blizzard, the snowman idea is a step in the right direction. Think of something outside of the box, rather than snowflakes and such. I, too, really love that color scheme, especially that shade of blue.

Archived