Sounders Electricity Kit

smzimbabwe

Am I the only one who thinks of the color BLUE when thinking about electricity?

Maybe I'm letting the "Darth Vadar throws the Emperor to his death over the ledge" scene in Return of the Jedi skew my perceptions of what electricity and energy look like.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe I'm letting the "Darth Vadar throws the Emperor to his death over the ledge" scene in Return of the Jedi skew my perceptions of what electricity and energy look like.

I think yellow, but that may be due to my Chargers bias. Puke green definitely doesn't come to mind though.

I think yellow, but that may be due to my Chargers bias. Puke green definitely doesn't come to mind though.

Ahhhh yes....good point ^_^

As promised, I have some pictures of an authentic one. Now, they're from my cell phone and I've had a very hard time taking one that properly captures the color. The ones with flash on are way too green and the ones without are way too pale. Anyway, here they are. Interestingly, the tag said Auth 3rd Jersey but listed the color as Rave Green. The last picture is the truest tepresentation of the color but even that one is slightly off.

0502101453.jpg

0502101454.jpg

0502101455.jpg

0502101455a.jpg

0502101456.jpg

Also of note, none of the pantone swatches posted so far match up well at all with the actual product. Even the release pictures look different. The primary color is definitely more green than yellow and the green accents look olive-colored to me. It looks exactly like the Rave Green swatch on SSUR. As it should. ^_^

Let me know if anyone wants some more pictures or if ColorWerx or anyone has some good tips on how I can more accurately portray the color so we can maybe nail down the actual Pantone.

• 4 weeks later...

Sounders debuted their Electricity 3rd Kit tonight vs. Boca Junior in a International friendly. Seattle won 3-0

Whatever you think about the brightness, at the game they looked about 75% more saturated and bright on the field. Minus the fact that the similar colors to both the Timbers and Ducks- I don't mind them for the international friendlies.

http://www.soundersfc.com/News/Photo-Landing.aspx?q=Friendly+A+vs+Boca+Juniors

30025_392777808588_34459843588_4315854_7250099_n.jpg

Archived