Winter Classic concept

GO2HELL

First thought is although yellow is a light color, one team has to wear white.

Why does one team have to wear white? Onto the concept, I like it but you need to brighten up the yellow for the Kings and thicken up those shoulder/sleeve stripes. Good job though.

This one of those rules what needs to be changed, yellow is more of a light colour like you said, but It was allowed to use yellow as the primary color of the "light" jersey. It's allowed almost every country in Europe.

For the years the Canucks wore that jersey, they did not have a white uniform. In fact their light jersey was yellow. The Kings didn't have a white jersey during that period either. For a Winter Classic, I think you can ignore that rule.

Also, where would this game take place? There is not really anywhere suitable in Vancouver, with the possible exception of the temporary stadium on the site of Empire Stadium the BC Lions are using for the next year or two while the retractable roof is being put on BC Place.

It would take place in bc place after the roof is built. I should have explained it a little more but my laptop was on the verge of dying and I left my charger at my friends house. But yeah te reason I chose those uni's was because I loved the unique striping on the kings jersey and I admittingly love the flying v jersey over any other. but since that would never work with an edge template so I chose the ones with the V shoulders and the stripes.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure why it would be LA vs Vancouver. I mean the NHL is going to start using these Winter Classics to whore out the sport to places that needs a boost so if LA is going to get a winter classic, they would likely get one against the Sharks or Ducks. If Vancouver gets a Winter Classic it'd be against the Flames or Oilers or some other team that is a bigger rival to them than the Kings. I'm no Canucks fan, I just live in Vancouver (born and raised). That and most teams go with their "inaugural" jerseys so in the case of the Canucks you would see the stick and rink or the yellow jerseys with the V design from the neck before those black ones.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

I doubt the Canucks will wear those colours as long as the current owners own the team. The original stick uniform is too close to their current third so that should be out also. The Canucks should just create a fauxback based on their current colours for a Winter Classic. As odd as it may sound they need to cement blue and green. It's too early for the Canucks to wear one of their ugly 80's era jerseys.

As for those uniforms I personally can't stand either one. Neither team looked ever looked good in those uniforms or colours.

• 3 weeks later...

I doubt the Canucks will wear those colours as long as the current owners own the team. The original stick uniform is too close to their current third so that should be out also. The Canucks should just create a fauxback based on their current colours for a Winter Classic. As odd as it may sound they need to cement blue and green. It's too early for the Canucks to wear one of their ugly 80's era jerseys.

^This.

The Canucks really hit a home run with the new RBK Edge uniforms. They don't need to go throwing that classic image away with something gaudy like their Halloween sweaters.

As mentioned before in this thread, a simple fauxback stick-in rink sweater with a tie-down neck would work wonderfully.

5amlwx.jpg

The Canucks really hit a home run with the new RBK Edge uniforms.

A strong triple, but not a home run. The city name on the jersey at all still clutters the jersey.

The Canucks really hit a home run with the new RBK Edge uniforms.

A strong triple, but not a home run. The city name on the jersey at all still clutters the jersey.

I'd call it a bunt down the third base line. It's only good in comparison to all the crap they've had before. It's still hideous. The orca sucks, the 'Vancouver' sucks, the template is uninspired. It's better than what they used to have, but barring the return of the Flying V, anything would be.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Archived