MLS Expansion 2011 and 2012

kiwi_canadian

I'm moving a bit out of my usual hockey concepts and I'm venturing into soccer a bit and trying my hand at these new soccer templates for paint. I've chosen to start with the MLS expansion for 2011 and 2012. (Not sure if the 2012 is accurate but I'm pretty sure I've heard that the MLS will be in Montreal for 2012 along with another city.)

First up the Vancouver Whitecaps. Tried to stick with their kit that they are using now but put it into Adidas. (They currently use Umbro.) I also went with BC Ferries as the title shirt sponsor.

VancouverWhitecaps.png

Next up is the Portland Timbers. I also tried to go with the simple Nike template that Portland currently uses and carried it over to Adidas. Their title shirt sponsor is the current one they use Solar World.

PortlandTimbers.png

Finally for 2012, I've gone with the Montreal Impact. This is the only one I sort of went away from their current jersey don by Legea. I added black to the kit and used Saputo as the title shirt sponsor.

MontrealImpact.png

Enjoy

You did a great job with these. My only criticism that you used templates that are already obsolete or about to be

lol This is why I don't do soccer that much. They change their templates so bloody much you can't keep up.

Templates are on page 12 on the Paint Template forum. Look for Adidas, Nike, Puma, Other.

Paint Templates

Not bad... Vancouver may be better off with the same template the Fire are currently using though.....

I wonder if Montreal or Vancouver will end up re-branding and changing colors when they enter the league given the fact there is so much blue in the league already.... Vancouver could use the "sea green" in their logo a bit more prominent or Montreal could switch to an unused color like purple maybe?

Obviously both fan bases would be against it, but just a thought.

USMNT-1.png

All interesting and the tought of Adidas getting ahold of these clubs makes my soul hurt. I'm a fan of Adidas but MLS is a demented playground for the German company.

Anyway, RUMOR has it that the Impact will change their blue from what it is now to a lighter colour of blue like Olympique Marseille:

Olympique_Marseille_logo.png

All interesting and the tought of Adidas getting ahold of these clubs makes my soul hurt. I'm a fan of Adidas but MLS is a demented playground for the German company.

Anyway, RUMOR has it that the Impact will change their blue from what it is now to a lighter colour of blue like Olympique Marseille:

Olympique_Marseille_logo.png

While they're at it, they should just change their name to Olympique Montreal--or at least do something to play up the city's French heritage. Though Impact does have that Mutiny, Fusion, Burn, Clash feeling going for it.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Archived