The Cornucopia of Possible NBA Logo Changes

Discogod

The previous Cavs set was near-perfect. People say that a change is needed to distance the team from the James era, but I don't really see why. The James-led Cavs never won a NBA Championship, and they wore every throwback in team history. They even made some up. So it's not like the previous wine and old gold scheme was identifiable with James.

Agreed. It really was. This uniform:

4ednbbjjasnibh2o18dfdjhtg.gif

was top tier in the NBA, IMO, and it's a damned shame that it's gone now. The entire set was just clean, classy, & sharp. The new uniforms better be something else, because they've got a hell of a precedent to top.

Also, I've never been a fan of the whole "Franchise player is gone? OH HELL NAW CHANGE THE UNIFORMS!!111!1!1!1%!" thing. If you're gonna change uniforms, do it because you need an upgrade or an update. Not because of something like that, that's silly. That's like saying "EMMITT SMITH WENT TO THE COWBOYS!!?!?!? CHANGE THE ENTIRE IDENTITY! BAH GAWD, IT REMINDS ME TOO MUCH OF THE MEMORIES!!!" Stop that.

I hated this uniform. It was over exposed. It was a nice bridge between the candy can uniforms of the 70s and the current look, but I just didn't like it. Don't like the navy as a main color. White, Wine, Gold Alt. That should be the set. Navy blue used VERY sparingly... just for trim and maybe SOME outline.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if these are going to be the real deal, but I still thought I'd post. I saw someone post these on Twitter. He said it was from an up-coming Video Game, didn't say which game though.

137800045.jpg

137799888.jpg

At least they got the number of fans going to see a Cavs game right.

Same amount that you guys had at Heat games last year right? :rolleyes:

T1oYViW.png

Not sure if these are going to be the real deal, but I still thought I'd post. I saw someone post these on Twitter. He said it was from an up-coming Video Game, didn't say which game though.

137800045.jpg

137799888.jpg

Marlins, maybe. Heat were middle of the pack in attendance.

hollywoodp.jpg

137800045.jpg

137799888.jpg

Marlins, maybe. Heat were middle of the pack in attendance.

Eh...fair enough. At least you admit that much, haha.

T1oYViW.png

The previous Cavs set was near-perfect. People say that a change is needed to distance the team from the James era, but I don't really see why. The James-led Cavs never won a NBA Championship, and they wore every throwback in team history. They even made some up. So it's not like the previous wine and old gold scheme was identifiable with James.

was top tier in the NBA, IMO, and it's a damned shame that it's gone now. The entire set was just clean, classy, & sharp. The new uniforms better be something else, because they've got a hell of a precedent to top.

Also, I've never been a fan of the whole "Franchise player is gone? OH HELL NAW CHANGE THE UNIFORMS!!111!1!1!1%!" thing. If you're gonna change uniforms, do it because you need an upgrade or an update. Not because of something like that, that's silly. That's like saying "EMMITT SMITH WENT TO THE COWBOYS!!?!?!? CHANGE THE ENTIRE IDENTITY! BAH GAWD, IT REMINDS ME TOO MUCH OF THE MEMORIES!!!" Stop that.

I hated this uniform. It was over exposed. It was a nice bridge between the candy can uniforms of the 70s and the current look, but I just didn't like it. Don't like the navy as a main color. White, Wine, Gold Alt. That should be the set. Navy blue used VERY sparingly... just for trim and maybe SOME outline.

I liked the inclusion of navy. The gold from the last set was way to light to work as a primary colour for an alternate, so I'm glad they went with navy. Now I do agree that they wore it way to often. Of course everything from the previous uniform set was awesome, yet ruined by the Cavs not wearing it as intended. I have very little hope in the new set, and I'm sad to see one of the best modern identities in the NBA hacked to bits like this.

I liked the inclusion of navy. The gold from the last set was way to light to work as a primary colour for an alternate, so I'm glad they went with navy. Now I do agree that they wore it way to often. Of course everything from the previous uniform set was awesome, yet ruined by the Cavs not wearing it as intended. I have very little hope in the new set, and I'm sad to see one of the best modern identities in the NBA hacked to bits like this.

I think the new one is going to be clean, but generic and unimaginative. I have a feeling the "CavFanatic" jersey is going to be really crazy though.

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

The new wordmark is a little generic, but I wouldn't mind it if they updated the primary to match it. Instead we have yet another team with a primary that uses a different wordmark from the uniforms.

I really never understood that. Such lack of consistency. I guess it could be worse, they could be like the Mavericks:

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=d7kffqwofcg3pfax8okg9qbel

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=ifk08eam05rwxr3yhol3whdcm

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=438

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=52byr2gfrb1y86g8qvf1u0a8m

The new wordmark is a little generic, but I wouldn't mind it if they updated the primary to match it. Instead we have yet another team with a primary that uses a different wordmark from the uniforms.

That bothers me too. I think they should take the logo from center court and make that the primary. Just put 'Cleveland' in smaller letters above 'Cavaliers.'

T1oYViW.png

That bothers me too. I think they should take the logo from center court and make that the primary. Just put 'Cleveland' in smaller letters above 'Cavaliers.'

I think Cleveland would be better positioned under Cavaliers. The bottom of the C and the S in Cavaliers would be the perfect spot i think. Put that over the current Ball w/ Sword logo, and it would look sharp i think.

something like this wouldnt be too bad

white jersey:

home-2.png

red jersey:

red.png

yellow jersey:

yellow.png

On a jersey... bad. On a wordmark, good.

EDIT: Alright... here is my quick take on it:

CrossedSwordlogocopy.png?t=1280637323

Obviously, it would need cleaning up. Proportions and layout would need to be modified a bit, but I think it would be the right direction.

or you can always go with something like this

cavs-6.png

what font is that? I'm gna try to make a logo if I have time

making me mad we're seeing glimpses of every other team but the cavs are too good at keeping this stuff hidden! driving me crazy! haha

EDIT: Alright... here is my quick take on it:

CrossedSwordlogocopy.png?t=1280637323

Obviously, it would need cleaning up. Proportions and layout would need to be modified a bit, but I think it would be the right direction.

It's rough, but I like it.

Archived