Chicago White Sox concept

Fjm

Concept for road uniform only. I think their home is perfect and wouldn't change it. Nothing here is brand new, I just took some elements of the past and tinkered a little bit.

- Brought back the old wordmark. I think it's more classic looking. The current script "Chicago" reminds me too much of the early-Jordan Bulls road uniforms.

- Going with white socks, no stirrups. Some color stripes at the top, if we're lucky enough to have any players with the pants high enough to see them.

- Single thin black stripe on the pants and sleeves (no white outlines).

C&C please.

chisoxuni-1.png

Actually, one of the main design elements I was trying to achieve was no white outlines. I purposely removed them; I wanted to see how this uniform would look without.

On one hand (like you said), lack of white in the base uniform could make the white socks appear detached, but on the other hand, I was hoping it would make the white socks stand out.

Actually, one of the main design elements I was trying to achieve was no white outlines. I purposely removed them; I wanted to see how this uniform would look without.

On one hand (like you said), lack of white in the base uniform could make the white socks appear detached, but on the other hand, I was hoping it would make the white socks stand out.

That was the correct decision. I don't understand why everything 'needs' a white outline. Single-layer lettering was good enough then, and it's good enough now.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

nice design, but I have the feeling the White Sox would always want a sleeker logo or something classic (like the gothic "Sox") as opposed to old fashioned. The lettering you have included here seems like it is from the Bill Veeck era when something simillar was done. That was an era when the team was truly marginal in a two team market and flirting with Seattle among other cities.

Any branding the Sox do will be done with another team very much in mind...the Cubs. And I'm not sue they'd take the image here as how they want to project themselves in relationship to the North Side team.

I's like to see more white. I think the white stripe on the current Sox's road pants and sleeves ads a nice element of white to a gray uniform. Can you use the current Sox pants and also ad a white stroke around the lettering?

with this concept I prefer solid black lettering and no black stripe on the sleeve and solid black socks imo

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Archived