TATC Concept Series

bigcoyotes

With the annual TATC topic going on I thought I'd give a stab at the SF Giants.

SFTATC.jpg

I thought that the TATC jersey for the Giants would be about San Francisco. I mixed the current alt cap with the alt cap from 2001-2002. I took the idea of the old SF Warriors "The City" logo and applied it to the the Giants. Then I used the San Francisco script to add the bridge in the jersey. I didn't have the the templete for the TATC jersey so I used the Pirates one and re-colored it. C&C always welcome!

raiders-2.png

Great

Sarcasm or honesty?

Haha, it's hard to tell on the internets sometimes, isn't it?

I like it. It's nice and simple, yet in the same vein as the original TATC jerseys. It may be a little "safe" even, given that the bridge isn't at an angle or anything.

Do the piers of the bridge extend to the end of the shirt? I can't tell as the back view covers up the front view.

So I decided to make it a concept series. This is my 1st try at a series so Im gonna give it my best.

Here is my idea for the Padres:

SDTATC2.jpg

I thought the the Swinging Frier logo doesn't get enough use. I know that people don't like the TATC jerseys to be just a large logo but I felt fot San Diego that it works since they are the Padres. I used the redish color on the frier logo for the sleeves and the brim of the cap. I also used a new font.

Here is St. Louis:

STLTATC.jpg

For the Cards I thought that when people think of STL they think of the Arch. So I thought that the arch would be cool but it was too plan on its own. I added a Re-Colored Cardinal to add some flair. I used a silver as an accent color and changed yellow to gold. Used a different font and changed the where the name went (was inspired by Sac Kings throwbacks from a while back I saw it today in my dresser.) Last one for today maybe more tomorrow. C&C always welcome!

raiders-2.png

First off whats tatc? Im asuming these are speciality jerseys and if they are they are all cool, but the caps seem a little too simple for such complex jerseys

I had to google that one:

Turn

Ahead

The

Clock.

I think I get teh concept, but I think there should be some room for more different types of concept.

I'm not sure how oversized logos and landscapes have been associated with the FUTURE of baseball.

To me they look like 70/80s novelty shirts...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

First off whats tatc? Im asuming these are speciality jerseys and if they are they are all cool, but the caps seem a little too simple for such complex jerseys

I had to google that one:

Turn

Ahead

The

Clock.

I think I get teh concept, but I think there should be some room for more different types of concept.

I'm not sure how oversized logos and landscapes have been associated with the FUTURE of baseball.

To me they look like 70/80s novelty shirts...

Its from an old promotion from 1999! Look it up and you will understand

raiders-2.png

Hey! Here are four more starting with the Blue Jays:

TBJTATC-1.jpg

I combined the current "T" logo with the Blue Jay from the old one. Kept the jersey black because I felt that black is going to be more dominate in the future. For the back I used a red maple leaf to for the numbers and went with the name below again. Used a black hat and with a blue bill for more blue.

Here is Atlanta:

ATLTATC.jpg

I used the old Braves head on a blue jersey to combine past with future. Used a red hat with a blue bill. Not too much else.

Here is the Phillies:

PhiTATC.jpg

For the Phillies I decided that to have them be represented by the liberty bell. I used a different font for the jersey and used numbers on the front in the center. The hat is a combination of elements from past and present Phillies hats.

And the Mets:

NYMTATC-1.jpg

I used the skyline from the Alternate Mets logo for most of the jersey. Put numbers in the middle. I used a font that reminded me of broadway since the Mets do play in New York. Used the current Mets home hat but added a black bill to combine the hat with the uniform. I'm planning on all the teams so sugguest which team I should next!

raiders-2.png

Here is four more:

The Astros:

HOUTATC.jpg

For the Astros I used their old batting Practice hat logo and used it for the front. For the back I used an western style font to connect it with Texas. The hat is a cobination of the red and the black hat.

The Marlins:

MIATATC.jpg

The Marlins I used the M logo. I wanted to just that but thought it looked too much like the 1st TATC jersey they wore. So I decided to have it say Miami instead. I used an different font and added silver. The hat has the M logo with a teal bill.

The Pirates:

PITTATC.jpg

For the Pirates I used their alt logo that isn't used often or at all. I added the Pittsburgh script to combine past with present. I used the Tampa Bay Bucs font for the numbers. The hat is their old alt hat.

I suggest the yankees.

ltjets21 wanted it so I did it:

NYYTATC.jpg

For the Yankees I tried to combine red into their uniforms. I kept the front simple using the primary logos Yankee script. The back I used the NY logo and added a number inbetween the top of it. The hat is a too close to the Red Sox but it adds red to the cap.

I am still working on more so suggestions and C&C are always welcome. Now who do you want to see next?

raiders-2.png

The best ones so far are San Fran and the Mets. All the others seem to just be logos slapped on to a template at large sizes. I think you need to consider the team's past as well as their location and team traditions to truly come up with a successful, new futuristic look.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived